View Single Post
Old May 13th, 2017, 06:45 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Baron Mordo - Public Playtesting

- Theme Test - Pass, he feels like the character to me, and the spells fit the themes they’re representing.
- Mirror Test - Pass
- Bonding Test - Pass - Same
- Synergies Test - Pass - Same
- Power Check - Pass - The Hypnotise combo is strong, but I don't think it's OP following the change to Hypnotic Control.
- Fun Test - Pass - He's a tonne of fun to play, and I love seeing the Hypnotic Control get a bit more use.
- Fun Competitive Test - Pass - No issues - he's pretty scary, but not too bad.
- Drafting Test - Pass - I'd definitely draft him, though it could be hard to build armies around him sometimes. He doesn't necessarily need his spells, but I imagine I'd draft them with him more often than not.
- Usage Test - Pass - Everything's finding use, even Hypnotic Arts from time to time.
- Strategy Test - Pass - On top of the strategy I was talking about in the Initial with DAE, there’s the strategy of using his spells - when to use Mesmerise, and, even more interesting, when and if to use Hypnotise, and its tension with Dark Arts Empowerment - the best time for both of them is Order Marker 1, with Hypnotise in order to get two turns of Hypnotic Control and with Dark Arts Empowerment because that means you’re hitting your hardest then, but you can’t use both on the same turn. That’s an interesting tactical choice, and often I feel like you’re having to make a decision between using him for Hypnotic Control with Dark Arts Empowerment as a fringe benefit or vice versa, which is an interesting dynamic.

Name Of The Playtest Unit: Baron Mordo

Army Test 1

Map: Elswin Plateau (no glyphs)
Armies:
Baron Mordo (270), Wong, Executioner, Mesmerise (15), Hypnotise (25) (790 points)
vs.
Iron Man (MkV), Iron Man (Hulkbuster), Iron Man (MkII) (790 points)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 2
Map: Blackroot (No Glyphs)
Armies;
Baron Mordo (270), Luke Cage, Tigra, Hypnotise (25), Mesmerise (15), Condemn, 2x Fire Ant Swarms (700 points)
vs.
Leonardo, Raphael, Donatello, Michelangelo (700 points)
Spoiler Alert!

Thoughts On The Tested Unit's Cost, Balance, & Draftibility:

I’m actually really, really happy with him. I’m going to run one more test sheet for him, and after that I think I’ll probably propose a vote for Final Editing.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Last edited by Lazy Orang; May 14th, 2017 at 08:26 AM.