View Single Post
Old March 24th, 2017, 04:45 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Cosmo (Public Playtesting)

Spoiler Alert!

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM
NAME OF THE TEST UNIT (Cosmo)

- THEME TEST/ Check to see if there are any powers or stats on the test unit card that does not accurately reflect the theme or likeness of what the character would and could do. Also consider destructible objects, and whether or not this characters powers should affect them.
Pass, with the exception of his mental attack triggering defensive powers like counterstrike and kryptonian defense while other mental attacks do not.

- MIRROR TEST/ Check to see if the unit were played against itself, if there would be any loops that would upset the balance of the Game.
pass

- BONDING TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing Bonding abilities to make sure there are no continual Bonding possibilities that do not stop appropriately or do not stop at all. This is to prevent loops in Bonding.
pass

- SYNERGIES TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing synergies to make sure there are no factors that could break the game by making any unit to powerful or too weak.
Pass, the double X OM block combo of Loki, Cosmo, & Prof. X is certainly very good and won their match up, but it required a lot of good fortune for the telepath team as well so I do believe it is beatable and balanced.

- POWER CHECK/ Consider the test unit and all existing units and all glyphs to compare to and check for any powers that could be over amplified and break the game. Each power must define when it takes place, who or what it affects, and What are the stipulations on the power if there are any.
pass

- FUN TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play.
pass

- FUN COMPETITIVE TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play against.
pass

- DRAFTING TEST/ Consider whether or not this design is worth drafting.
pass

- USAGE TEST/ Consider whether or not all of the powers on this card were used or at least usable.
Pass, I’ll note here though that his normal attack isn’t really all that useful. He really is defined and costed based on his support powers, which are quite good.

- STRATEGY TEST/ Consider whether or not the design offers any real strategy or interesting tactics to the overall game.
Pass, I’m not the pod play master around here so his ability to easily teleport out a 3 figure pod to a prime spot on the board at the start of the game, then continue adding figures to the pod in the following rounds, should be explored a bit more.
- What should be the unit's point value? His cortex teleportation is pretty sweet, and the X block is always useful, but I wouldn’t put much stock in his attacks and the 3 life is pretty easy to go through considering all the auto-wound powers and figures throwing 5+ attack dice. I’d drop his points down some if left as is. Maybe 140?
- Give a brief preview. I’m putting Cosmo in a Guardians build along with CA to double up on the bonuses. With cap revealing OM1 each round to trigger his bonus, I can either attack with him or leave him where he is and teleport up more allies. Not sure if Cosmo will get a chance to take advantage of the +2 att. bonus as Bug & Groot will be leading the charge with Cosmo sitting back ready to recall Groot when he gets cut down. If both CA & Star Lord are both still in play once Groot is taken out or recalled to heal up, I’ll send Cosmo up to see what I can do with this OM removal power. Nightwing will certainly be a good card to remove OM’s from as it may lead to a Titan Go! block.
Map: Yellowstone Throwdown 3.1
Units: Cosmo, Star Lord, Groot, Rocket Raccoon, Capt. America, Bug (1200) vs. Nightwing, Superboy, Raven, Starfire, Wonder Girl, Tempest, Lightning Bolt x2 (1200)
Spoiler Alert!

Recap: CA, Rocket, & Star Lord teleport out to HG in the middle of the board into a nice little pod. Groot & Bug teleport up in the next two rounds. The Guardians are all set up in a commanding position and the Titans are at a disadvantage. To make matters worse, Superboy takes 4W in one attack and goes down after having previously taken a W saving Wonder Girl. Yet the Titans manage to overrun the Guardians position and send them running back to their SZ in fear. At the end of the day the reality here is that Rocket is worth maybe 75 points and Raven is worth closer to 240. Titans win pretty easily in the end. Don’t see why people are concerned about Cosmo’s attack being boosted by Star Lord, CA, or anyone else. If you draft an army with Star Lord or CA, you are going to have much better boosted attack options than Cosmo. Cosmo really only gets his attack dice rolling once the team boosters are already taken down, and then at the end of the game when you are hoping to do something with his attack you find it lacking. That being said, after having played them together I’d rather just see Cosmos basic attack bumped up to 4, but reduced to range 1. Then have his mental attack power turned into a SA of 4. That way the odds of OM removal are set and as a SA several defensive powers will not trigger. Looking ahead at the next tests and it seems odd that Cosmo’s mental attack is the only one that isn’t a SA and awarded the defensive defying boosts that come with being a SA. You are still going to want to play Cosmo with Star Lord. I really felt like this game was one of the best performances I have ever had while playing Star Lord and I never once put an OM on his card. Being able to teleport him out onto some prime real estate at the start of the game and then dropping his allies onto the board inside his aura was just about perfect. I just shouldn’t have bothered with Rocket, his covering fire accomplished nothing and I would have been better off had I just sent Bug up in the first group and started attacking right away with his double attacks of 7. Much more potent than the one attack of 6 Rocket game me once.
- What should be the unit's point value? He seemed to have a much bigger impact on the game in this one even though he never attacked even once. They won with plenty of points to spare so I can’t say he didn’t pull his weight, not sure if his impact was really 160 points though or if Loki’s impact was just much higher than 420 points in this game, but 160 didn’t feel that far off considering everything he contributed as a support unit.
- Give a brief preview. Looking to explore his telepath synergy a bit here as well as trying to double up on the X defense power with Loki providing a 2nd X OM. The drawback will be two of your numbered OMs will have to be on Loki, but Prof. X gives you two activations with the 3rd numbered OM. Having 4 activations while being able to block two player turns each round should give them a chance to chip away at the high defense Fan4 without getting overrun. Once Loki goes down and only 1 XOM is left in play, Cosmo will try to even the playing field by knocking an OM off of Reed.
Map: Yellowstone Throwdown 3.1
Units: Cosmo, Prof. X, Jean Grey, Emma Frost, Loki (1150) vs. Fan4, Iceman (1150)
Spoiler Alert!

Recap: This was a real fun game for the telepath team, not so much for the Fan5. The Human Torch was the only figure they had that could deliver W’s without rolling attack dice (which would trigger the X reveal) and he went down right away to a rash of poor luck. Then they just kept on getting shut down again and again. When they did score some wounds Loki was able to redirect them back to Sue a couple of times. Loki pulled his weight and then some in this one, not only providing the 2nd X OM but he scored a W on just about every attack he made and saved himself with the God of Evil power, buying his team another X OM block and himself two more attacks, which he used to take down Iceman . The Fan5 just were not rolling the best defense dice in this one. Then the little telepath pod + Emma in the SZ was pretty effective with their powers and attacks so even once Loki went down they were still able to maintain the momentum. Taking down Reed Richards was big there as had he stayed in play I think this may have gone the other way. It also ended up helping that two of the telepaths didn’t need clear sight to att. Sue. Cosmo never attacked even once but his ability to get everyone up into the middle of the board was pretty important to his teams strategy and then his support effects were really useful, from the X blocks on defense to the telepath boosts to d20 and attack rolls, he played a key role in this one.