View Single Post
Old January 20th, 2017, 10:58 AM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Crystal - Initial Playtesting

C3G INITIAL PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Crystal

Hero Tests
Map: Island Plane Crash (no glyphs or special rules)
Spoiler Alert!

Squad Tests
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 1
Units: Crystal (@240 & 5 Attack), Mister Fantastic, Invisible Woman, She-Hulk (1,000 points) VS Professor X, Jean Grey, Phoenix, Storm, Angel, Jubilee (1,000 points)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 2
Units: Crystal (@250 & 5 Attack), Ms. Marvel, Lockjaw (750 points) VS Cosmic Boy, Timber Wolf, Karate Kid (750 points)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 3
Units: Crystal (@250 & 5 Attack), Ms. Marvel, Lockjaw (750 points) VS Cosmic Boy, Timber Wolf, Karate Kid (750 points)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: She felt a little too strong in the Hero and Squads tests, so I cut her base attack down to 5, which really seemed to do the trick; 240-250 feels about right with her attack at 5. Lots of uses and flexibility with her powers, but never overwhelming (either strategy-wise or for her opponent).

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: I had lots of fun with these games. I think the switch to Tidal Blast and Buffeting Winds was a great one; it gives her lots of fun flexibility, but since each of her powers are pretty simple, it never bogged down the game. I am thinking about moving Earth Shift to triggering after her attack (at the end of her turn), primarily so that it plays better with Tidal Blast (you can push a figure next to the Outcrop before detonating it), but I also think her turn would flow more naturally that way. Overall, Iím really happy with the design.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!