View Single Post
Old October 2nd, 2016, 02:34 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Thor (Jane Foster) - Public Testing Phase

These are at 430 with the 2-skull restriction on the SA:

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Thor (Jane)

Army Test
Map: Sacred Shrine
Units: Thor (430), Mongul (340), Sif (230) (1000) VS Fantastic Four (1000)
Unit Summary:
Damage w/normal:
5 wounds to Mister Fantastic, 5 to Human Torch.
Mjolnir Distraction: 2 times used; very useful on one attack, did not impact other.
Mjolnir-Kinesis SA: 1 time used, attacked 2 additional figures; damage: 2 wounds to Invisible Woman, 1 to The Thing.
Failing Health: 2 wounds received.
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Units: Thor (430), Ms Marvel (350) (780) VS Professor X (220), Wolverine (280), Cable (275) (775)
Unit Summary:
Damage w/normal:
2 wounds to Wolverine, 3 to Xavier.
Mjolnir Distraction: not used.
Mjolnir-Kinesis SA: 2 times used, attacked 2 additional figures, damage: 3 wounds to Wolverine, 1 to Xavier.
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Units: Thor (430), Ms Marvel (350) (780) VS Professor X (220), Wolverine (280), Cable (275) (775)
Unit Summary:
Damage w/normal:
4 wounds to Wolverine, 3 to Xavier, 1 to Cable.
Mjolnir Distraction: 2 times used; fairly useful.
Mjolnir-Kinesis SA: 2 times used, attacked 3 additional figures; damage: 1 wound to Wolverine, 1 to Xavier, 2 to Cable,
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Units: Thor (430), Ms Marvel (350) (780) VS Robin (Dick, 100), Oracle (110), Catgirl (60), Nite-Owl (130), Batman (II, 250), Nomad (130) (780)
Unit Summary:
Damage w/normal:
4 to Nite-Owl, 1 to Nomad, 2 to Batman.
Mjolnir Distraction: 2 times used; semi-useful.
Mjolnir-Kinesis SA: 5 times used, attacked 5 additional figures, damage: 1 wound to Robin, 1 to Batman, 1 to Nomad, 4 to Catgirl.
Failing Health: 3 wounds received.
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Units: Thor (430), Ms Marvel (350) (780) VS Robin (Dick, 100), Oracle (110), Catgirl (60), Nite-Owl (130), Batman (II, 250), Nomad (130) (780)
Unit Summary:
Damage w/normal:
3 wounds to Robin, 3 to Nite-Owl.
Mjolnir Distraction: not used.
Mjolnir-Kinesis SA: 4 times used, attacked 8 additional figures, damage: 3 wounds to Catgirl, 1 to Nite-Owl.
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: Thor performed really well in my games, always doing a lot of damage, especially with her SA. The win/loss record was pretty balanced though. 3 wins against two losses, but two of the wins were very close. Compared to Odinson, I think JaneThor’s SA is definitely better. Mjolnir Distraction can be very useful, and is much less swingy than God of Thunder Strike, but with lower potential. Failing Health will cost her a Life or two per game though, which really brings her down. I wouldn’t go lower than 430 right now, but she doesn’t feel unbalanced to me there either.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: I really like what Failing Health does for her playstyle. She’s a big bruiser, but once you start using her, you’ll want to get as much use out of her as you can before she goes down. It adds some nice intensity to those final rounds when it’s just her against a couple other figures.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"