View Single Post
Old August 8th, 2016, 07:35 PM
Silly Promo Pro, Dinosaurs are for Orcs

quozl is a man of the cloth quozl is a man of the cloth quozl is a man of the cloth quozl is a man of the cloth quozl is a man of the cloth quozl is a man of the cloth quozl is a man of the cloth quozl is a man of the cloth quozl is a man of the cloth quozl is a man of the cloth quozl is a man of the cloth quozl is a man of the cloth quozl is a man of the cloth quozl is a man of the cloth quozl is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Leonardo - Public Playtesting

Here's Ronin's tests:

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Leonardo

Army Test
Map: Sewer Labyrinth
Units: Ninja Turtles (650) vs Ms. Marvel, Wonder Woman (650)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Sewer Labyrinth
Units: Ninja Turtles (650) vs Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Scarlet Spider (Ben Reilly) (640)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: Couple losses. 4 in a row for me, counting my last tests. Admittedly, they suffered some bad luck in the second game, but I'm just not having much success with the Turtles, and based on the cost drops, I suspect other people aren't either. Based on the games I just played, I think they'd be better off trying their luck at 600. Part of the problem may just be that they're not cohesive enough. Without the attack boosters he was tested with, Donny is going to have a hard time doing much damage to most supers units, and Raph is also hard to get any offensive utility out of unless he's activating with Self-Importance (which creates kind of a weird dynamic where you're actually hoping he flies off the handle).

It might be a good change to give a +1 attack boost to figures activated with Turtle Power. It's a little weak as a bonding power as-is, since it only gives you one extra turn per round (and that's an extra turn with a Ninja Turtle, who's not giving you a ton of attack dice or anything). Another possible change would be letting Leo move a couple Turtles normally if he doesn't want to burn any OMs on their cards. That would help a lot with moving them up as a group, as well as setting up Mikey to defend, or setting up Donny for a Staff Vault.

Also, it's been a while, but back when I tested him individually, couldn't Raph multi-attack when you activated him normally? IMO, moving back in that direction for him would be best. I think only letting him multi-attack on his Self-Importance turns hurts his value a lot and right now I feel like I'm encouraged not to (deliberately) take turns with him. Even just being able to double-attack on his normal turns (with the triple attack reserved for Self Importance) would help him a lot.

Still really digging all the Turtles individually, but I'm thinking they might need a few little tweaks in order to fight better as a team.