View Single Post
Old August 6th, 2016, 08:49 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Leonardo - Public Playtesting

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Leonardo

Army Test
Map: Sewer Labyrinth
Units: Leo (190), Don (140), Mikey (160), Raph (160) (650) VS Cyclops (190), Phoenix (230), Emma Frost (170), Jubilee (60) (650)
Unit Summary:
Damage:
4 wounds to Jubilee, 3 to Phoenix.
Turtle Power: 5 times used; 10 OMs removed.
Ninja Focus: 1 times used (boosted Gauntlet roll).
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Sewer Labyrinth
Units: Leo (190), John Stewart (340), Mikey (160), Raph (160) (850) VS Hawkman (220), Green Lantern (280), Starman (190), Mister Terrific (150) (840)
Unit Summary:
Damage:
none.
Turtle Power: 3 times used; 3 OMs removed.
Ninja Focus: 0 times used.
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: Leo’s pretty solid, and his powers are useful for sure, but the Turtles as a whole seem to struggle a bit still. They’re each solid on their own, but as a team, they struggle against other factions, even on a similar power level. Their biggest issues are that they only get 4 turns per round, and it’s hard to move them up as a team. A lot of other teams have bonding, or movement powers that allow them to function more easily as a team.

Turtle Power gives you some flexibility of when your turns come, but unless you’re rolling really well, those turns aren’t offering a ton. If you do roll well though, you can have some pretty wild turns. Outside of giving one of them some sort of bonding or movement power, I think stat boosts would help. Bumping their Defenses to 6, or each of their Attacks by one would either keep them around longer or allow them to hit harder. Another option is to borrow from Hawkman and give a +1 Attack boost on any turns taken with Turtle Power.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: Turtle Power is a really cool power and I got some fun turns out of it. Ninja Focus doesn’t come up a lot, but it’s handy when it does. Double Attack gives him some solid offensive power. Overall, I like Leo, I just think the Turtles need some tweaking still.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"