View Single Post
Old July 2nd, 2016, 09:16 AM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Shadowcat (II) (Vote for Public Playtesting)

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Shadowcat II @ 170

Army Test 1
Map: Custom
Units:
Shadowcat II(170), Magneto II(375), Sage(190), Destiny(55), Professor X(220) (1010)
vs.
Hush(220), Clayface(240), Parasite(240), Black Tarantula(300) (1000)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 2
Map: Custom
Units:
Shadowcat II(170), Bane(190), Star-Lord(250), Valyrie(350) (960)
vs.
Black King(220), Emma Frost(170), Selene(360), Sage(190) (970)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: I like the way Kitty plays. She has a great bit of support by being able to pull a friendly with her, so it can help keep a leader/support figure with her and the group. I think I preferred her combo with Bane + Star-Lord over the d20 enhancements the Mutants gave her. Though Professor X's double turns gives her a great combo of moving a figure into position, and then that figure can attack, or just bringing Professor X along is a nice bonus. She can also do well when her attack is enhanced to make the best use of her Phase Mastery defense subtraction, and score some decent wounds. The only really downfall is, I didn't hit her Reactionary Phasing roll very often, so once the heat was on, without her defense boosts, she was quickly killed. I'd say 170-190 is definitely the sweet spot here. I'd lean towards 180 right now, possibly 170 if she starts losing more games.