View Single Post
Old June 12th, 2016, 11:36 AM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Dhalsim - Playtesting Phase

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Dhalsim

Army Test
Map: Modified Moon Base Alpha (no castle top, hill in center with road)
Units: Dhalsim (110), Robot (210), Meteorite (210), Star-Lord (250), Malekith (220) (1000) VS Scarlet Spider (Kaine Parker, 245), Hit-Girl (135), Batgirl (Cassandra Cain, 130), Oracle (110), Robin (Damian Wayne, 80), Nite Owl (130), Huntress (170) (1000)
Unit Summary:
Damage w/normal:
none.
Levitation: 0 extra attack dice, 2 extra defense dice.
Yoga Fire: 2 skulls out of 7 dice; total damage: 6 wounds to Scarlet Spider, 1 wound to Huntress, 3 to Robin, 3 to Oracle.
Yoga Teleport: 1 out of 2 rolls.
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Modified Moon Base
Units: Dhalsim (110), Robot (210), Super-Skrull (Rl’nnd, 280) (600) VS Luke Cage (190), Iron Fist (260), Moon Knight (150) (600)
Unit Summary:
Damage w/normal:
none.
Levitation: 0 extra attack dice, 1 extra defense dice.
Yoga Fire: 7 skulls out of 8 dice; total damage: 3 wounds to Luke Cage, 5 to Iron Fist, 3 to Moon Knight.
Yoga Teleport: 1 out of 1 rolls.
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Modified Moon Base
Units: Dhalsim (110), Robot (210), Super-Skrull (Rl’nnd, 280) (600) VS Luke Cage (190), Iron Fist (260), Moon Knight (150) (600)
Unit Summary:
Damage w/normal:
none.
Levitation: 0 extra attack dice, 2 extra defense dice.
Yoga Fire: 1 skulls out of 1 dice; total damage: 4 wounds to Cage,
Yoga Teleport: 2 out of 3 rolls.
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: I retrospect, I realize that these matchups were pretty much perfect for Dhalsim (no Flying, largely melee, no really high defenses). No surprise, then, that he performed ridiculously well. Inside those kinds of matchups, he can dish out a ton of damage, and Levitation+Yoga Teleport gives him great board control. It’s easy for him to take spots that would normally be lower and put his at a disadvantage, but retains height, forcing the opponent to take LEAs or move into poor spots.

Even outside of those matchups though, his SA is very good. -2 Defense is nothing to sneeze at, and makes a 3 Attack SA viable, especially with the chance for extra wounds. He got some lucky hits in these games, but he also consistently dealt out damage. Put him in an army with units that keep him alive, and he can go nuts. While his stats are lower, Dhalsim’s SA compares well with Human Torch:Jim Hammond, who sits at a very draftable 150 points. I think that the SA should either go back to 2 Attack, or drop to -1 Defense. If neither of those changes are made, I think that his cost need a bigger bump.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: Like the other Street Fighters I’ve tested, I don’t know anything about the theme, but he’s pretty interesting mechanically. Levitation and Yoga Teleport are somewhat matchup-dependent, but they make for interesting play.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"