View Single Post
Old April 26th, 2016, 03:08 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Viceron the Blood Knight by Ixe

His is the fury of the wildfire, the boiling blood of the volcano. I will review him not because he has wronged me, but because he is here... again

Viceron is back with a few changes and a new title. Having already reviewed Viceron once, I'm not going to give another full review; Instead, I'm just going to go over how he's changed and if it's enough to change my vote.

1. First off, his title has changed from the Dark Knight to the Blood Knight.

This has no mechanical effect of course and is just a matter of theme. I'll miss the Batman jokes, but he still looks like Beaker so I can live with it.

2. His points have decreased from 150 to 145.

This is mostly irrelevant really. It helps him pair with the Death Knights a little better now that he bonds with them, but 5 points isn't enough to quibble over.

3. His personality has gone from Merciless to Relentless

Not a fan of this thematically. Merciless really fit Viceron and his crazy sadomasochistic rush tactics, Relentless is just there to give him Death Knight bonding. Considering the Death Knights are already a total mess thematically, I see it as a step backward for no real reason.

Playability wise, he's obviously gotten better thanks to the bonding. However, outside of getting the free turn, he and the Death Knights don't really pair together in any special way. He doesn't want them around him because of his Special Attack, and none of their powers give them a reason to be. It's basically as generic a bond as bonding can give really.

4. His Life has gone from 4 to 5

This is a big one here, more life equals more Bloodstorms after all. I'm not a fan of this change; it makes him a heck of a lot more powerful for one thing, I was already fine with his power-level the first time round, and it takes away a lot of the swingyness I liked about the design. But beyond that, something about it just feels off. It is hard to put into words, but having straight fives for his life, attack, and defense takes away from his character for me.

---

I thought long and hard on this one; it's tough to vote no to a unit that's been changed based on feedback from other SoV Judges, but they're not changes that I though were necessary or even improvements. Ultimately, the changes feel like a mistake to me, and I can't in good conscience vote yes to him.

I vote to induct Viceron the Blood Knight into the SoV.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store