View Single Post
Old March 3rd, 2016, 08:04 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Vermin (Initial Playtest)

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Vermin

Army Test
Map: Flat map with a lake to one side, a forest on the other, two Small Houses in the center.
Units: Vermin[150], Rat Swarm(x16)[160], Starlord[250], Archangel[260] & Punisher[180] vs Fantastic 4{1000 each}.

Power Summary:
Normal Damage: 0
Rat Swarm Control: Damage by Rat Swarms: (Plague: 5)(Normal: 1)
Adrenaline 4: not used.

Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Flat map with a lake to one side, a forest on the other, two Small Houses in the center.

Units: Vermin[150], Rat Swarms(x13)[130], Invisible Woman[215] & Angel[90]{585} vs. Luke Cage[190], Shang-Chi[230] & Swordsman[160]{580}.

Power Summary:
Normal Damage: 1 vs. Swordsman
Rat Swarm Control: Damage by Rat Swarms: (Plague: 7)(Normal: 3)
Adrenaline 4: Two attacks at +2. A few Moves enhanced.

Spoiler Alert!

Units: Vermin[150], Rat Swarms(x12)[120], Cyclops[190], Jean Grey[180] & Blob[165]{805} vs. Wrecking Crew{800}.

Power Summary:
Normal Damage: 0
Rat Swarm Control: Damage by Rat Swarms: (Plague: 7)(Normal: 1)
Adrenaline 4: not used

Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: After 4 or 5 Heavy Hitter tests(Vermin & Rat Swarms(x5) vs 200) I was worried he was a bit broken as he dominated those battles. However against armies he feels much better. I can still see where the Rats will give some armies fits but that is true already.
The dangerous aspect is the multiple Plague rolls. It is possible to get an incredible number of rolls but that is dependent on the match-up and is still a reasonable 16+.
It is certainly a different play style, closer to the Walking Dead than anything else I have played recently as I rarely play with so many figures.
I think he will be OK at or around 150 but more testing will tell for sure.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: Fun design here. I really like these type of designs that create synergy with lower cost options. I think there are a few more angles that need to be tested to feel safe but I like where he is so far.
Very cool to see this one go through the process.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey

Last edited by Tornado; March 3rd, 2016 at 08:30 PM.