View Single Post
Old January 26th, 2016, 09:44 PM
Ninja Playtester

fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of Kang (II) (Public Playtesting Phase)

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Kang II

Army Test
Map: Alkali Lake
Units: Alfred Pennyworth (60), Kang I x 2 (540), Kang II (400) (1000) vs Iron Man I (70), Iron Man II (150), Iron Man III (220), Iron Man IV (250), Iron Man V (280) (970)

Powers Used:
One True Kang:
Draft: 2 (Kang I x 2)
Damage Reduction: 2
Destroy another Kang: 0 times
Timestream Reinforcements:
Figure starting on card: Alfred & 1 Kang I
Figure placement: 2 times
Damocles Orbital Assault: 4 total rolls
Fails: 1
Wounds: 3

Damage from normal attacks: 2 (Iron Man III)

Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Units: Doctor Fate (290), Kang II (400), Sage (190), Typhoid Mary (120) (1000) vs Angel (90), Deadpool (285), Jubilee (60), Sabretooth (290), Wolverine (280) (1005)

Powers Used:
One True Kang:
Draft: 0
Damage Reduction: 2
Figure starting on card: 0
Figure placement: 0 times
Damocles Orbital Assault: 2 total rolls
Fails: 2
Wounds: 0

Damage from normal attacks: 4 (2 Angel, 2 Jubilee)

Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Units: Doctor Fate (290), Kang II (400), Sage (190), Typhoid Mary (120) (1000) vs Angel (90), Deadpool (285), Jubilee (60), Sabretooth (290), Wolverine (280) (1005)

Powers Used:
One True Kang:
Damage Reduction: 3
Figure starting on card: 0
Figure placement: 0 times
Damocles Orbital Assault: 7 total rolls
Fails: 6
Wounds: 1

Damage from normal attacks: 7 (6 Deadpool, 1 Angel)

Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Units: Doctor Fate (290), Human Torch (225), Kang II (400), Mad Hatter (90) (1005) vs Angel (90), Deadpool (285), Jubilee (60), Sabretooth (290), Wolverine (280) (1005)

Powers Used:
One True Kang:
Damage Reduction: 4
Figure starting on card: 2 (Human Torch & Mad Hatter)
Figure placement: 2 times
Damocles Orbital Assault: 12 total rolls
Fails: 6
Wounds: 6

Damage from normal attacks: 4 (2 Jubilee, 1 Wolverine, 1 Sabretooth)

Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: Very unique set of powers coupled with a slightly higher than average statistics make Kang II a useful addition to many builds. However I do not think he is quite worth the 400 points. If I had to guess I would place him between 360 and 380.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: The first test was with Kang I figures and although that team won, Kang II I don’t believe Kang II made up for his 400 point cost. The next two tests was me trying to increase his Damocles assault by manipulating the 20-sided die. They failed miserable. After looking at some of the previous playtesting I see they used Kang II as a bomber against the other players starting position. So a forth test was done with this plan in mind. They did do much better and the end was fairly close. Kang was extremely useful, but I still do not think worth his 400 points.

My designs for C3G nomination
My current reward points