View Single Post
Old December 28th, 2015, 07:24 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Kang (II) (Public Playtesting Phase)

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Kang II

Army Test 1
Map: Alkali Lake
Units:
Kang II, Human Torch(Johnny Storm), Parademon, Harley Quinn, Oracle(1015)
vs.
Star-Lord, Gamora, Bug, Silver Samurai(1010)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 2
Map: Alkali Lake
Units:
Kang II, Blob, Sersi(1010)
vs.
OL Larfleez, OL Lex Luthor, 3 Orange Constructs (1010)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: I'm thinking the change of instead of taking a turn helps the other team get things together, but it's still a giant uphill battle. Judging from these results alone, Kang was never in any real danger, as his other units seem to be the real immediate threats. Base bombers still do some decent damage, and are hard to avoid completely, and Kang is too difficult to kill thus they are guaranteed to be out by turn 2 to do some damage quickly, potentially crippling the opponent if they lose a figure who had several turns unused. Overall, I'm not entirely sure how to fix it, possibly making them placed adjacent to Kang would help a little bit further, but that's only helping so much. The power itself is incredibly good still, so some more measures may have to be done to try and keep it reasonable to go up against. It's a lot of fun to use though.

As far as points go, I don't think adjusting points is going to mean anything. The power needs to be altered, then the points can be better nailed down. I'd like to see others try some auto-wounders against Kang, but he doesn't struggle to get all of his reinforcements out as-is, so I don't know how useful/reliable they will be as an effective enough counter. I think it's very close to where it needs to be though.