View Single Post
Old November 2nd, 2015, 09:01 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: M.R.D. Trooper (Public Playtesting)

From Ronin...

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: M.R.D. Trooper

Army Test
Map: Ivy's Greenhouse
Units: Graviton, J. Jonah Jameson, Blob, Oracle, M.R.D. Trooper x8 (1000) vs Cyclops, Cable, Psylocke, Deadpool (1000)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Sacred Shrine
Units: Martian Manhunter I, Bane, MRD Trooper x8 (730) vs The Hood, Whirlwind, Mentallo, Mysterio, Mysterio Holographs (730)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: I'm liking the way the Troopers feel. They definitely need a solid Mutant presence on the opposing team to be really effective, but with a faction as big as the Mutants, that's hardly a problem. And of course, their Common Hero status makes them modular, so there's some room to adapt their usage to different scenarios. Anti-Mutant Technology didn't really come into play for me, but that has to be chalked up to luck, with the number of chances I had at it.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: Fun unit. I particularly like the way they square off against Healing Factor X units, with them trying to get hits in early on in the round to negate the healing. There's a nice cinematic feeling to that. The next time I see somebody draft Wolverine for clean-up, I'd be tempted to grab 4-5 MRDs to leave in the start zone for him.[/QUOTE]

I'll follow up with my thoughts shortly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
It was a great idea that really brought this concept to the next level and now I just have to convince you of your own brilliance.