View Single Post
Old September 28th, 2015, 07:42 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: The G.I. Joe Project

Spoiler Alert!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NAME OF THE TEST UNIT (Beach Head)
Hero Team Up Tests
- Does it pass, Yes or No? .
- What should be the unit's point value? .
- Give a brief overview. Paired Beach Head up with one other Soldier so he could use all his powers, then sent the two hero team vs. other small team ups. One squad bonded hero and two hero pairs, one that has synergy and one that does not.
Map: Yellowstone National Park
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 1
- Does it pass, Yes or No? .
- What should be the unit's point value? .
- Give a brief overview. An alternate reality Civil War where CA & Iron Man are on the same side of the registration act and trying to bring the Hulk and his friends in. Beach Head has lots of bonding options and CA is there to boost his stats up to see how that works out.
Map: Apartment Building
Units: Beach Head @140, Roadblock @160, US Agent, Capt. America/Hasbro, Iron Man - Mark IV (1000) vs. Hulk/C3G, Black Widow, Spider-Man/C3G, Black Panther (1000)
Spoiler Alert!

Recap: The Soldiers got off to a real bad start when both Iron Man and CA whiffed on their first def. rolls of the game to take 3W each from Spidey. Iron Man made just one attack roll on Spidey to no effect before being finished off by Black Panther while CA continued rolling poorly on def. and died after his second def. roll without doing anything at all. Black Widow claimed the +2 Def. glyph and that just cemented the victory in stone as Ws were hard to inflict after that. I think the +2 Def. glyph is just too good here and needs to be swapped out for the 2nd game. Beach Head & Roadblock both did okay though. I noticed that Beach Head’s bonding has a draw back in the fact that he always goes first, so CA could not stick with him and boost his attack like I was thinking he would. Plus Spidey pulled them apart. I also decided that an aura of 6 for his +1 move is a little too big so I’m going to cut it back to an aura of 4 going forward. Roadblock had some big misses with his M60, but also did some damage with it, and his auto shield on def. was certainly helpful in this one.
- Give a brief overview. Keeping CA adj. to Beach Head didn’t work too well so now I’m switching it up to the other CA so that he might get the bonus while not adj. The soldiers are tasked with bringing a gang of criminals in. I’m thinking I may end up changing some of the wording on Beach Head’s card before this test too.
Map: Apartment Building
Units: Beach Head @135, Gung-Ho @130, Snake Eyes @235, War Machine, Capt. America/C3G (1000) vs. Lex Corp Security x2, Rhino, Doc Ock, Electro, Ghost (1000)
Spoiler Alert!

Recap: Beach Head tried to go around back of the Apt. Building so he could quickly get up onto the roof while still being able to see CA, but the criminals did not let that plan play out. Doc Ock also went around back to the Apt. Building and easily killed Beach Head so his impact on the game was very limited. He did help War Machine with a move boost that let him set up in a prime spot for his Chain Gun though. War Machine rolled good def. dice and aided by CA def. boost was hard to dislodge, but Doc Ock boosted attack eventually broke through and took him out. Snake Eyes and CA took the def. glyph away from the criminals. Gung-Ho joined the fight late and met a similar fate to BH when Doc Ock came over and started beating on him. He did last long enough to get two attacks in of his own but was blocked both times. Snake Eyes was stuck holding down the glyph, which prevented him from going after the last LCS and ending the attack bonus he was giving out or taking on Doc Ock and ending him as a threat.