View Single Post
Old September 12th, 2015, 02:21 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: M.R.D. Trooper (Initial Playtesting Phase)

Army Test
- Does it pass, Yes or No? Yes
- What should be the unit's point value? 30
- Give a brief overview. At one point in the game I contemplated backing off and forcing Iceman to come to me when he gained the top of the lab but the aggressiveness of wanting to get four Troopers into the action took over and I went for it. This one had some tension that was fun.
Map: Swamp Lab
Units: M.R.D. Trooper x5 (30x5=150) VS Iceman(150)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
- Give a brief overview. I really thought Firestar was going to pull this out but she got too over confident. This really came down to the final round initiative. If Firestar would have won initiative she would have won. Ironically if she had won and would have been attacking it would have been the same number of dice being rolled for each and then it would have been 4 of 4 for her vs 2 of 4 for MRD A and she wins.
Units: M.R.D. Trooper x4 (30x4=120) VS Firestar(120)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
- Give a brief overview. It didn't seem like the MRD had a shot here for awhile with the high defence of Quicksilver but the swarm of multiple attacks eventually made a dent. Ultimately the late strategy of Quicksilver attacking and retreating to high ground to roll 8 defense dice paided off. AMT actually came into play and made a difference in getting some high ground for the troopers.
Units: M.R.D. Trooper x7 (30x7=210) VS Quicksilver (215)
Spoiler Alert!

including the first two lost reports they are 3 and 2 with all matches coming down to 1 wound left on the winning side. The last battle with Quicksilver didn't seem as fun for the MRD's as the high defense and non power-powers of the speedster gave him advantages. Technically his power is his 9 move and 7 defense but since they are not tied to a power they don't get negated. If Flash would have been a Mutant this is a different game because Speed Dodge getting negated and having a lower defense would have crushed him. This makes me rethink some things on some sanctum designs being discussed. I'll get to army test later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
It was a great idea that really brought this concept to the next level and now I just have to convince you of your own brilliance.