View Single Post
Old August 28th, 2015, 07:27 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Kree Soldier (Initial Playtest)

I'm slowly whittling away at these. Hoping to finish up the rest of the tests sometime this weekend. So far I'm liking where they're at. I ran out of room to keep this in PM format any longer

Quote:
NAME OF THE TEST UNIT Kree Soldier

Army Test
- Does it pass, Yes or No? Yes

- What should be the unit's point value? 30
- Give a brief overview. In this match Ronan forced a couple LEAs which allowed him to use the attack portion of Kree Invasion but it also weakened him to the point of not being able to withstand the Hydra and then the Soldiers weren't far behind.
Map: Sewer Labyrinth
Units: 8xKree Soldier, Ronan (600) Vs. Red Skull, 4xHydraAgents, 2xMultiple Man (600)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test

- Give a brief overview. The Soldiers were the primary target so that the Soldiers couldn't get the attack bonus, but it provided Ronan enough of a foothold to get the win.
Units: 8xKree Soldier, Ronan (600) Vs. 3xHand, X-23, 1xAlien(595)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test

- Give a brief overview. This felt a pretty even match up with Ronan and Supes going at it and Batman whittling down the Soldiers.
Units: 8xKree Soldier, Ronan (600) Vs. Batman I, Superman I(600)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test

- What should be the unit's point value? 30-35
- Give a brief overview. This was actually a tougher match for Batman and Superman despite the lack of Special Attacks.
Map:
Sewer Labyrinth
Units: 8xKree Soldier, Quasar (610) Vs. Batman I, Superman I (600)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test

- What should be the unit's point value? 25-30
- Give a brief overview. This was a tough match for the Kree. The Hydra hit hard and fast and didn't give them time to get on their feet.
Units: 8xKree Soldier, Quasar (610) Vs. Red Skull, Iron Man (Mark I), 4xHydra Agents (610)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test

- Give a brief overview. This one was clearly in the Kree's favor until the Hand took a risk and charged in taking her out.
Units: 8xKree Soldier, Quasar (610) Vs. X-23, 3xHand, Jonah Hex (610)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test

- Give a brief overview. This felt like a very balanced match. The Kree had the numbers, but the Fantastic 4 held their own clear up until the end.
Units: 8xKree Soldier, Ronan, Mar-Vell (1000) Vs. Fantastic, Thing, Torch, Invisible (1000)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test

- What should be the unit's point value? 30-35
- Give a brief overview. So far it seems that the Soldier's biggest use is as an Unique Kree Hero screen.
Units: 9xKree Soldier, Ronan, Quasar (1000) Vs. Fantastic, Invisible, Aurora, Northstar, Diamondback (1010)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test

- What should be the unit's point value? 35-40
- Give a brief overview. This was a board mop of the Skrulls, more because of Mar-Vell than anything, but the Soldier's numbers and screening did play a large part in it.
Units: 10xKree Soldier, 3xKree Scout, 1xRoamer, Ronan, Mar-Vell (1200) Vs. Super-Skrull (Rl'nnd), Super-Skrull (Kl'rt), 5xSkrull Warriors, 3xSkrull Infiltrators (1200)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test

- What should be the unit's point value? Yes
- Give a brief overview. This was a tough match for the Kree as expected, but I wanted to see how they would do and helped solidfy the Solder's points in my mind.
Units: 10xKree Soldier, 5xKree Scout, Ronan, Mar-Vell, Genis-Vell, Quasar (1990) Vs. Kilowog, Hal, Kyle, Guy, Jade, 2xGreen Contrust (T-Bomber), 2xGreen Construct (H-Gunship) (1980)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: They make for a great screening unit for the Kree Leaders, with Ronan being the best as expected. I think they're about spot on at 30 points. They definitely round out the Kree while not eliminating the usefulness of the Scouts, who actually work well as a back-up leader for the Soldiers.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: I'm liking where they're at and how they play. They aren't very strong unless you get them attacking in numbers which seems thematic for grunts.

Last edited by Karat; September 9th, 2015 at 01:17 PM.