View Single Post
Old March 23rd, 2015, 10:39 AM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Sersi (Playtesting Phase)

I knocked out some games for Sersi. Before I get into it, let me make it clear I did have consistently terrible luck with Sersi and her team through all four games (her Matter Manipulation rolls were horrible, she completely failed her only attempt for Regeneration, and her allies, who were supposed to protect her, were going down fast). However, even taking that into account, she felt very weak to me, no where near 450 points worth.

The problem, as I see it, is that Matter Manipulation and Eternal Regeneration are too weak and not worth using as-is. If we tweak those to make them more powerful, Sersi should do better and would probably be worth her cost. For Matter Manipulation, I'd like to see it made more reliable (as in, lowering the amount of dice but changing it to activating on shields or skulls). Dropping the "unengaged" bit for Eternal Regeneration would go a long way to making it usable, but I think it'd still need a little more than that.

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Sersi

Army Test
Map: Grundy’s Grave (no glyphs or special rules)
Units: Sersi, Ms. Marvel, Blob (965 points) VS Gorilla City Warriors x4, Super-Ape (Mikhlo), Solovar (960 points)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Units: Sersi, Ms. Marvel, Blob (965 points) VS Gorilla City Warriors x4, Super-Ape (Mikhlo), Solovar (960 points)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Units: Sersi, Hawkeye (II), Red Arrow (750 points) VS LexCorp Security x3, Wizard, Rhino (750 points)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Units: Sersi, Star-Lord, Blob (865 points) VS Professor X, Silver Samurai, Blink, Dazzler, Banshee (865 points)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: It may have just been my luck (which was certainly pretty terrible), but Sersi felt no where near 450 points in my games. For her cost she’s relatively fragile, but she needs to be able to stick around to get her others powers to work. Matter Manipulation is too swingy and too hard to set up to be worth it, and her Regeneration is never going to do enough unless she’s sitting with 5 or 6 wounds (and unengaged), which doesn’t come up often. As-is, her best strategy is to just run around using her throw and attack and ignoring her other two abilities, but even then she doesn’t seem worth her cost.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: I love the feel of Sersi’s design and all the decisions she offers in play, and I think she could be a lot of fun; but as-is, she’s so weak you just come away underwhelmed after playing with her. The design has great potential, but doesn’t work right now.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!