View Single Post
Old January 19th, 2015, 02:41 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Pluto (Playtesting Phase)

...and in from Sock.

These ones were less helpful since he had him in Hero heavy armies, but between the two I'm thinking that a drop in Attack to 6 should probably be sufficient. He's good with Moloids, but it's such a narrow build that I don't think he needs much of a boost.

I'd like another set or two of tests, though, of course, beforehand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggressive Sock
I had a couple strategies going into the playtests. I don't have many squad based armies, so I wasn't able to run that test. But hopefully these will suffice:

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Pluto

Army Test 1
Map: Chernobyl
Units:
Pluto, War-Machine, Green Arrow, Blob(995)
vs.
Magneto, Gorgon, Psylocke, Destiny(980)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 2
Map: Chernobyl
Units:
Pluto, Captain America, Star-Sapphire(990)
vs.
Fantastic Four(1000)
Spoiler Alert!

Pluto, Oracle, Captain America, Bane(950)
vs.
Star-Lord, Human Torch, Rocket Raccoon, Gamora(960)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: I think he works well, and is a definite threat. With the right army, I can see him really going on a tear, if the luck is in his favor with his rolls(they weren't in the 2nd game). An army of units boosting him, such as Cap and Bane, I could easily see him really causing some pain, especially if he had height. Another strategy is to surround him with units that make it difficult to get close to him, which could lead to his advantage for sure. Overall, I think for his point value, he is pretty well balanced, and certainly draftable. Though, once he loses the glyph, he starts to struggle a lot.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: He is fun to play, and he can be a devastating hitter. However, him losing that glyph, will spell the tide changing moment for him. Not being able to leave engagements freely, and being able to be targeted non-adjacently, takes away his biggest advantage. Personally, I would not lower his attack based on these 2 tests, unless you lower his points 10-20. The 1st game was close, but the 2nd game ended pretty badly for him. Even though he was 1 wound away from killing Mr. Fantastic, which certainly would have turned the tide and could have dramatically changed things, he was struggling as soon as he got stuck next to Mr. Fantastic.