View Single Post
Old January 5th, 2015, 06:47 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!
Re: Wargrounds of Scape (WoS) - discussion thread

Remains of Cionesia by tannergx

Remains of Cionesia feels very intimidating when you first sit down to place figures. A wide startzone, glyphs set far apart, LoS blockers galore. I think even the most skilled player is challenged by this map.

The first thing that stands out is the Line of Sight blockers the map offers. Range should feel intimidated by this map, but it is not impossible... not by a long shot. The access to height near the start zone offers some time for Range to get setup and defend. The ultimate height is vulnerable to the road spaces for melee to have access too. While Melee I think fair better on this map, there is enough room for ranged units to operate that it is fairly balanced.

I like the wide starzones, it encourages you to use the whole board, and there are many access points to the "Remains" aka "Hill" in the middle. Battles on this map often feature many different angles of attack. Multiple lanes of battle. What plagues many maps is the the feeling of forced action. Keeping the glyphs to the edge while giving decent advantage to the middle allows for many options when devising a plan. Another Boon, is how quickly you can shift around the map and counter what your opponent is doing.

The ruins in the middle can make it difficult for armies to setup with supreme position. This effect usually keeps the battle fluid and ever changing.

The overall feeling of this map is "Challenge". How are you going to devise your plan of attack, how can you counter what your opponent is doing? Do you sacrifice the glyphs to hold the middle? I believe that Melee has an advantage to this map, but a small advantage. Pods can have the most difficult time due to needed to be bunched and LoS blockers. A welcome sight in tournament play. I vote YES to induct Remains of Cionesia

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.