View Single Post
Old December 21st, 2014, 05:03 PM
Online HS Seasons 3 and 7 Champion

Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Wargrounds of Scape (WoS) - discussion thread

Mayberry by Mad_Wookie

Overall design : Well I didn’t have the chance to see Mayberry in real, but it seems that the town design is very well made. I think it’s a good eastetic result using unconventionnal sets.

Balance :
Let’s start with the most immportant : the melee vs range machup. I find Mayberry pretty balance, sure it’s not the most melee friendly map, but it’s ok, the hills are not so easy so grab because of the walls and with how the hills are placed you can’t snowball much with range (easier to snowball with a big hill in the middle like on Blacktop for exemple).
The road is not as awesome as what we can see in other maps, but still usefull.
Of course a Q9 well etablished on the hill will cause you big trouble this ill happen on most of the maps, the hill are not easy to grab for Q9.
Theyre easy for dragons, but as the map is very open, the dragons abilities are reduced.
Rats or Raelin don’t give more trouble than on other maps.

Playability :
While the playability is not an absolute blast, it’s straight up OK to me, I played all the configurations (melee vs range, melee vs melee, range vs range) with figures that can be kinda boring, and none of the games had something boring or annoying in them. This maps offers a lot of strategic possibilities and even if you have range edge, the stay on your hill and wait is far to be the go-to strategy in every situation (which was my fear at first glance).

Conclusion :
While Mayberry is not the map of the year, it’s perfectly fine for a tournament setup. Having in mind that there is very few good tournaments maps using the Marvel set (Jack of Spades, Blacktop, Mohr, and some Gamebear’s maps is all I have in mind ) you can burn them in Mayberry to easily add a map in the map pool.
Very few people have 2 Marvel sets, but for the lucky who do, Mayberry is a great addition.
I vote YAY to induct Mayberry in the WoS.