View Single Post
Old May 21st, 2014, 06:58 PM
His sweat is highly explosive

Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Deathbird - Playtesting Phase

Sorry for the delay. Had a lot of real life things come up all of a sudden and has been difficult to find a spare moment where I have good internet access on an actual PC.
Quote:
NAME OF THE TEST UNIT Deathbird

- THEME TEST/ Check to see if there are any powers or stats on the test unit card that does not accurately reflect the theme or likeness of what the character would and could do. Also consider destructible objects, and whether or not this characters powers should affect them.
Pass

- MIRROR TEST/ Check to see if the unit were played against itself, if there would be any loops that would upset the balance of the Game.
Pass

- BONDING TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing Bonding abilities to make sure there are no continual Bonding possibilities that do not stop appropriately or do not stop at all. This is to prevent loops in Bonding.
Pass

- SYNERGIES TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing synergies to make sure there are no factors that could break the game by making any unit to powerful or too weak.
Pass

- POWER CHECK/ Consider the test unit and all existing units and all glyphs to compare to and check for any powers that could be over amplified and break the game. Each power must define when it takes place, who or what it affects, and What are the stipulations on the power if there are any.
Pass

- FUN TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play.
Pass

- FUN COMPETITIVE TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play against.
Pass

- DRAFTING TEST/ Consider whether or not this design is worth drafting.
Pass

- USAGE TEST/ Consider whether or not all of the powers on this card were used or at least usable.
Pass

- STRATEGY TEST/ Consider whether or not the design offers any real strategy or interesting tactics to the overall game.
Pass

Army Test
- Does it pass
, Yes or No? Yes
- What should be the unit's point value? 240-245
- Give a brief overview. I tried being really aggressive with her here and it didn't pan out so well.
Map: Alkali Lake
Units: Deathbird, 4xWerewolf, 3xFire Ant(800) Vs. Thunderball, Wrecker, Piledriver, Bulldozer(800)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
- Does it pass
, Yes or No? Yes
- What should be the unit's point value? 240-245
- Give a brief overview. I ran the same army again to see if playing her more defensively would help, and I didn't get a chance to use her here.
Units: Deathbird, 4xWerewolf, 3xFire Ant(800) Vs. Thunderball, Wrecker, Piledriver, Bulldozer(800)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
- Does it pass
, Yes or No? Yes
- What should be the unit's point value? 245-250
- Give a brief overview. Deathbird did better here, but she is still kind of a glass cannon but has a lot of potential.
Units: Deathbird, Super Skrull(Rl'nnd), 3xSkrull Warrior, 3xSkrull Infiltrator(1000) Vs. Fandral, Hogun, Volstagg, 2xSWAT Rifleman(1000)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
- Does it pass
, Yes or No? Yes
- What should be the unit's point value? 245
- Give a brief overview. This is the test where she really shined for me. Even though she switched sides, she definitely dealt her points worth of damage here.
Units: Deathbird, Captain America, Blink, Animal Man, Solomon Kane, Blade(1200) Vs. Dracula, Crow, 8xRoamer, 8xLurker, 3xWalker, 1xFire Ant(1200)
Spoiler Alert!

If you are careful with her, she can definitely make up her points in damage, but if you aren't, she leaves you very vulnerable and open to attack and she has a bit of a glass jaw. she fell very quickly in most of my games, but definitely felt worth more than Cap at 240. I think a slight point drop to 245 would make her perfect for the potential of damage she has while still accounting for how open she leaves you and how quickly she can fall. Overall, I really enjoyed the design and can't wait to see a Shi'ar faction eventually