View Single Post
Old April 19th, 2014, 11:21 AM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Deathbird - Playtesting Phase

First report is in. Aggressive Sock felt she was a little overpriced. He did face her off against some tough synergistic match-ups though, and in the second one she did her job (killing Invisible Woman) and it looks like would have done more had Human Torch not taken out her allies on a 7 skull roll on Supernova.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggressive Sock
C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT: Deathbird

- THEME TEST
Pass

- MIRROR TEST
Pass

- BONDING TEST
Pass

- SYNERGIES TEST
Pass

- POWER CHECK
Pass

- FUN TEST
Pass

- FUN COMPETITIVE TEST
Pass

- DRAFTING TEST
Pass

- USAGE TEST
Pass

- STRATEGY TEST
Pass

Army Test 1

Does it pass, Yes or No?
-Yes
What should be the unit's point value?
-230-250
Damage:
-2 wounds on Madame Hydra.
-2 wounds on Hydra Agents.

Power Effectiveness:
-N/A
Give a brief overview:
-Gorgon and the gang proved to be a tough match for Deathbird. She did well at causing several wounds to Madame Hydra, 1 of which she put on a Hydra Agent instead to take the fall. In the end, Detahbird was killed off midway through, and her team just couldn't finish the job. I felt she was a little out of her league, at 250 points. While 4 life and 6 defense seem decent, with no defensive specials keeping her going, she has potential to bite hard, and first, but her wings were clipped rather soon.
Map: Country Road(No Superstrength, Glyphs, or Destructible Objects)
Units:
Deathbird, Wonder Woman, Doc Oc, Ozymandias (965)
vs.
Baron Von Strucker, Madame Hydra, Hydra agents, Gorgon, Red Skull (950)

Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 2

Does it pass, Yes or No?
-Yes
What should be the unit's point value?
-220-250
Damage:
-5 wounds on Invisible Woman.
Power Effectiveness:
-N/A
Give a brief overview:
-The Fantastic Four are a solid telling of if a unit can make it. Though, luck is involved with rolls on both sides, they are certainly a tough nut to crack. In this instance, they couldn't be broken. Deathbird proved her worth by taking out their defensive support in Invisible Woman, but the power of Thing, and several attacks per turn, as well as a giant Super Nova from Human Torch that devastated the team right out of the gate...it was just too much for Deathbird and her allies. I feel she's a tad bit overpriced as it is. As her main appeal, is that you get several turns in 1, which can certainly cripple an opponent who stacks order markers on a single card, however, I don't feel that's enough to warrant her point value. She can have an extra turn per round, sure, if she's engaged, and alive...but I feel at 250 she should either have more survivability, or a 2nd special to add to her bite before she gets taken out. You run the risk of her being targeted quickly with her ability to take several turns at once, and she won't last long when the focus is on her. So I'd say 220-230 sounds more accurate, or add a 2nd special to give her something more than one trick at her disposal. That's my take.
Map: Country Road(No Superstrength, Glyphs, or Destructible Objects)
Units:
Deathbird, Doctor Strange, Diablo, Bizarro (1000)
vs.
Fantastic Four (1000)

Spoiler Alert!

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!