View Single Post
Old January 18th, 2014, 09:15 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of The Mask - Public Playtesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscaper Guy
I realized mid game that Party Time triggered after you wounded (thankfully it wasn't game changing and no wounds were dealt by a second attack to my knowledge.)
NAME OF THE TEST UNIT (The Mask)

- THEME TEST/ Check to see if there are any powers or stats on the test unit card that does not accurately reflect the theme or likeness of what the character would and could do. Also consider destructible objects, and whether or not this characters powers should affect them.
Pass, I had to look him up since the only experience I had with him was the movie when I was little. He did seem to accurately represent him though.

- MIRROR TEST/ Check to see if the unit were played against itself, if there would be any loops that would upset the balance of the Game.
Pass, no loops although you would have to differentiate between whose markers are whose possibly.

- BONDING TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing Bonding abilities to make sure there are no continual Bonding possibilities that do not stop appropriately or do not stop at all. This is to prevent loops in Bonding.
Pass, no bonding loops.

- SYNERGIES TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing synergies to make sure there are no factors that could break the game by making any unit to powerful or too weak.
Pass

- POWER CHECK/ Consider the test unit and all existing units and all glyphs to compare to and check for any powers that could be over amplified and break the game. Each power must define when it takes place, who or what it affects, and What are the stipulations on the power if there are any.
Pass

- FUN TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play.
Pass, I thought he was fun.

- FUN COMPETITIVE TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play against.
Pass, not annoying like C3G Spider-Man (who I fought for the first time with the first playtest game and he seemed to get almost every Spider Sense)

- DRAFTING TEST/ Consider whether or not this design is worth drafting.
Pass, he is fun and can take care of annoying figs (like Spider Man.)

- USAGE TEST/ Consider whether or not all of the powers on this card were used or at least usable.
Pass, I didn't use all the powers (didn't put markers on opponents figures), but all powers were usable.

- STRATEGY TEST/ Consider whether or not the design offers any real strategy or interesting tactics to the overall game.
Pass. Should you burn through your markers for auto skulls? Should you hold onto them for defense?

Army Test
- Does it pass, Yes or No? .
- What should be the unit's point value? According to my calculations, it is 603.5 points from about 7 wounds on Morbius, 3 on Batman, and 2 on Flash.
- Give a brief overview. Mask gives Flash two wounds. Flash kills Bullseye and some Hand Ninjas before dying to Elektra. Morbius and Flash square off before Morbius is killed. batman is killed by Mask and Elektra. After annoying hits on Spider-Senses Spider-man is finally killed by Elektra.
Map: Mogo
Units: Mask, Atom, Bullseye, Elektra, 3x Hand Ninjas vs. Flash (Barry), Batman (II), Morbius, Spider Man

Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
- Does it pass, Yes or No? Pass, yes he did achieve his point value.
- What should be the unit's point value? 364 points so he was a lot closer to his point total this game. Wolverine (326 points as he gave him seven wounds) + Luke Cage (38 points for one wound)
- Give a brief overview. Mask kills Wolverine. Tigra and Luke attack Mask. Hawkgirl kills Tigra. Luke kills Hawkgirl. Mask is killed. Luke is killed by Hawkman. The Hawkmen are killed by Beetle. Hawkman kills Beetle. Speedball kills Hawkman.
Map: Grundy's Grave
Units: Wolverine, Luke Cage, Blue Beetle, Tigra, Speedball vs. Mask, Hawkman, Hawkgirl, Hawkmen of Thanagir.

Spoiler Alert!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!