View Single Post
Old November 7th, 2013, 05:37 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Puppet Master

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT (Puppet Master)

- THEME TEST/ Check to see if there are any powers or stats on the test unit card that does not accurately reflect the theme or likeness of what the character would and could do. Also consider destructible objects, and whether or not this characters powers should affect them.
?Pass

- MIRROR TEST/ Check to see if the unit were played against itself, if there would be any loops that would upset the balance of the Game.
?Pass

- BONDING TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing Bonding abilities to make sure there are no continual Bonding possibilities that do not stop appropriately or do not stop at all. This is to prevent loops in Bonding.
?Pass

- SYNERGIES TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing synergies to make sure there are no factors that could break the game by making any unit to powerful or too weak.
?Pass

- POWER CHECK/ Consider the test unit and all existing units and all glyphs to compare to and check for any powers that could be over amplified and break the game. Each power must define when it takes place, who or what it affects, and What are the stipulations on the power if there are any.
?Pass

- FUN TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play.
?Pass barely but I am not a fan of pods. I think I would like him more as an extra then the main feature.

- FUN COMPETITIVE TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play against.
?Pass again barely. As Viegon mentioned there is some interesting strategy that goes on in solo play. I can see it being very frustrating to get String Pulled repeatedly.

- DRAFTING TEST/ Consider whether or not this design is worth drafting.
?Pass

- USAGE TEST/ Consider whether or not all of the powers on this card were used or at least usable.
?Pass

- STRATEGY TEST/ Consider whether or not the design offers any real strategy or interesting tactics to the overall game.
?Pass It is probably good practice for every tester to have some experience playing with and against pod armies like this.
Angel and Beat Cops is very effective. Any future design that further boosts pods may require extra scrutiny.

STRING PULL 16
After revealing an Order Marker on this card and taking a turn with Puppet Master, if he is unengaged, you may choose a Unique Hero within 8 clear sight spaces of Puppet Master. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 16 or higher, take temporary control of that hero and immediately take a turn with the chosen Hero. At the end of that turn, control of the chosen Hero returns to the player who controlled the Hero before the String Pull. All Order Markers that were on the chosen Hero's card will stay on the card. After using String Pull, you may use it one additional time.

Army Test
- Does it pass
, Yes or No? Yes.
- What should be the unit's point value? 140.
- Give a brief overview. Puppet Master and his pod vs. Mr. Fantastic's leading ladies.
Map: Fulcrum.
Units: Puppet Master, Meteorite, Bizarro, Green Arrow(150), &
5th Precinct Beat Cops(x2) vs. Mr. Fantastic, Invisible Woman, Jocasta, & She-Hulk {960 each}.

Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
- Does it pass
, Yes or No? Yes.
- What should be the unit's point value? 140.
- Give a brief overview. Puppet Master vs Creature comforts. Frankenstein is MVP for both teams.
Map: Fulcrum.
Units: Puppet Master, Green Arrow(130), Weather Wizard, Angel, Green Lantern(340) & 5th Precinct Cops(x3){995} vs. Frankenstein, Wendigo, & Abomination(320){990}.
Spoiler Alert!

Looking back on the first test PM really underwhelmed. 3 wounds inflicted from String Pull. This could have been better though if I chose better victims. 2 of the wounds were meant for Sue but Jocasta took them instead.

In game two I was going to assault the Creatures with Green Lantern with Beat Cops in tow. (This looks evil, Basket Carry meat shields). I changed my mind and decided to focus more on PM and pulled back Lantern into a defensive role. I was getting worried at one point that the Puppet Master army would have nothing left in the end to take out Wendigo. Earlier I thought the creatures were going to get routed. I was really surpriser how close it was. Frankenstein was a killing machine. His holy sword was fully flamed. I do not think I ever rolled so well for a figure. Until he attacked Puppet Master and got two skulls.

OK, I believe the discussion goes back to the Reevaluation thread.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey

Last edited by Tornado; November 8th, 2013 at 05:15 PM. Reason: fixed numbers in unit sum up