View Single Post
Old November 1st, 2013, 07:09 PM
Ninja Playtester

fret_gurglo wears ripped pants of awesomeness fret_gurglo wears ripped pants of awesomeness fret_gurglo wears ripped pants of awesomeness fret_gurglo wears ripped pants of awesomeness fret_gurglo wears ripped pants of awesomeness fret_gurglo wears ripped pants of awesomeness fret_gurglo wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book of Mystique (II) (Public Playtesting Phase)

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT Mystique II

- THEME TEST/ Check to see if there are any powers or stats on the test unit card that does not accurately reflect the theme or likeness of what the character would and could do. Also consider destructible objects, and whether or not this characters powers should affect them.
Pass

- MIRROR TEST/ Check to see if the unit were played against itself, if there would be any loops that would upset the balance of the Game.
Pass

- BONDING TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing Bonding abilities to make sure there are no continual Bonding possibilities that do not stop appropriately or do not stop at all. This is to prevent loops in Bonding.
Possible Fail. Not sure if this would disrupt the flow of powers, but.. An army with Mystique II, Magneto II, Destiny and Mentallo. Magneto would make Mentallo an Outcast. Mystique could reveal an OM and take a turn with Mentallo, who could then choose Mystique and take a turn with her. She revealed an OM this turn and could then take a turn with Mentallo, creating a loop.

- SYNERGIES TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing synergies to make sure there are no factors that could break the game by making any unit to powerful or too weak.
Pass.

- POWER CHECK/ Consider the test unit and all existing units and all glyphs to compare to and check for any powers that could be over amplified and break the game. Each power must define when it takes place, who or what it affects, and What are the stipulations on the power if there are any.
Pass

- FUN TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play.
Pass.

- FUN COMPETITIVE TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play against.
Pass.

- DRAFTING TEST/ Consider whether or not this design is worth drafting.
Very useful at 195, I think her cost should increase

- USAGE TEST/ Consider whether or not all of the powers on this card were used or at least usable.
Half Pass. I did not find Impersonate very useful. I would rather have the chance to have multiple turns rather than the protection Impersonate provides. Other people might have different preferences, but this is mine.

- STRATEGY TEST/ Consider whether or not the design offers any real strategy or interesting tactics to the overall game.
Pass.

Playing Mystique is swingy. She needs to be up front to be useful (1 Range) and then only gets a chance to activate another figure. With her 5 Defense and Health she can remain in the game for a least a short period. My playtests always had Destiny in the army and I could not EVER imagine building an army for Mystique without Destiny. Impersonate was not enticing enough to use often. I would rather attempt to gain additional turns with other figures than go defensive.

Army Test
- Does it pass, Yes or No? Yes

- What should be the unit's point value? 180-200

Give a brief overview. The tide on this battle just kept shifting. First the X-men had the upper hand as Mystique took a very risky position on the glyph of Team-up and became a target. But the risk paid off as she was able to activate more troops in addition to her own powers and the Outcasts held a strong advantage. All this fell apart once Mystique and then Juggernaut fell. Toad, Destiny and Pyro could not hold their own. Mystique does have a decent defense to hold out, but without a range she could not attack often. The X-men’s strategy was to use Beast and Iceman to remove the precious OMs from the Outcasts.
Map: X Marks the Spot
Units: OUTCASTS (1240) - Avalanche (145), Destiny (55), Juggernaut (340), Mystique II (195), Pyro (120), Sabretooth (290) , Toad (95)VERSUS X-MEN (1230) - Angel (90), Beast (170), Cyclops (190), Emma Frost (170), Iceman (150), Jubilee (60), Jean Grey (180), Professor X (220)
UNIT SUM-UP
Damage Inflicted: Beast (2)
Power Usage/Effectiveness:
Impersonate: Not used.
Outcast Assault: Rolled for 4 total times:
- No additional figure activations: 1 time
- 1 additional figure activations: 3 times
- 2 additional figure activations: 0 times
(Destiny’s boost added into all rolls)

Who won and how many wounds did they have? X-Men win with Iceman (2 wounds), Jubilee (3 wounds), Angel (Full health)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test

- What should be the unit's point value? 200-230

Give a brief overview. Originally I was worried about the Outcasts taking on such high point value figures, but they destroyed the Champions. It was actually a slaughter. A tag-team of Magneto to throw Mongul away from his champion and Archangel to fly over figures repeatedly quickly wore them down. Both figures were boosted by Destiny and their powers bypassed the high defense numbers of the Champions. The Champions did try to move and hold the Glyph of Team-up, but were destroyed. Mystique move to it and was able to remain there for most of the game, even though it meant Mystique did nothing for many turns. Outcasts did have a higher point cost, but in the end Juggernaut (340) never moved.
Map: X Marks the Spot
Units: OUTCASTS (1605) – Archangel (260), Blob (165), Destiny (55), Juggernaut (340), Magneto II (375), Mystique II (195), Quicksilver (215)VERSUS CHAMPIONS (1590) – Booster Gold (290), Captain Marvel (400), Flash(Wally) (280), Mongul (340), Super-Skrull(Rl’nnd) (280)
UNIT SUM-UP
Damage Inflicted: Captain Marvel (3), Flash (3)
Impersonate: Not used.
Outcast Assault: Rolled for 12 total times:
- No additional figure activations: 2 times
- 1 additional figure activations: 9 times
- 2 additional figure activations: 1 times

Who won and how many wounds did they have? Outcasts win with Archangel (Full health), Blob (1 wound), Destiny (Full health), Juggernaut (1 wound), Mystique (4 wounds), Quicksilver (Full health)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test

- What should be the unit's point value? 210-230

Give a brief overview. I redid the same armies again, but this time without the Glyph of Team-up because I was worried it might be affecting the outcome too much. Although the battle took longer, it was about the same result. The Outcasts destroyed the Champions
Map: X Marks the Spot (no glyph of team-up)
Units: OUTCASTS (1605) – Archangel (260), Blob (165), Destiny (55), Juggernaut (340), Magneto II (375), Mystique II (195), Quicksilver (215)VERSUS CHAMPIONS (1590) – Booster Gold (290), Captain Marvel (400), Flash(Wally) (280), Mongul (340), Super-Skrull(Rl’nnd) (280)
UNIT SUM-UP
Damage Inflicted: Mongul (2)
Impersonate: Used for 1 round
Outcast Assault: Rolled for 7 total times:
- 1 additional figure activations: 3 times
- 2 additional figure activations: 2 times

Who won and how many wounds did they have? Outcasts win with Blob (Full health), Destiny (Full health), Juggernaut (3 wound), Magneto (Full health)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test

- What should be the unit's point value? 210-220

Give a brief overview. I felt the need to find an army that could offer a challenge to the Outcasts. Patriots plan was to have Shadowcat protect Enchantress and be the sacrifice for the Soul Swap. The Outcasts used Archangel and Juggernaut, who could still hurt Enchantress and she fell early. However the Patriots were able to turn things around and finish strong.
Map: X Marks the Spot (no glyph of team-up)
Units:
OUTCASTS (1605) – Archangel (260), Blob (165), Destiny (55), Juggernaut (340), Magneto II (375), Mystique II (195), Quicksilver (215)VERSUS ENHANCED PATRIOTS (1600) – Black Canary (190), Bucky (60), Captain America (240), Enchantress (380), Green Arrow (150), Iron Fist (260), Shadowcat (80), Uncle Sam (240)
UNIT SUM-UP
Damage Inflicted: Uncle Sam (2), Green Arrow (1), Bucky (1)
Impersonate: Used for 2 rounds
Outcast Assault: Rolled for 8 total times:
- 1 additional figure activations: 4 times
- 2 additional figure activations: 2 times

Who won and how many wounds did they have? Patriots win with Captain America (3 wounds), Iron Fist (3 wounds), Shadow Cat (1 wound), Uncle Sam (5 wounds)
Spoiler Alert!

My designs for C3G nomination
My current reward points