View Single Post
Old October 26th, 2013, 10:21 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Triplicate Girl - Playtesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Eyed Jedi
C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT Triplicate Girl

- THEME TEST/ Check to see if there are any powers or stats on the test unit card that does not accurately reflect the theme or likeness of what the character would and could do. Also consider destructible objects, and whether or not this characters powers should affect them.
Pass.

- MIRROR TEST/ Check to see if the unit were played against itself, if there would be any loops that would upset the balance of the Game.
Pass.

- BONDING TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing Bonding abilities to make sure there are no continual Bonding possibilities that do not stop appropriately or do not stop at all. This is to prevent loops in Bonding.
Pass.

- SYNERGIES TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing synergies to make sure there are no factors that could break the game by making any unit to powerful or too weak.
Pass, lots of defensive powers in the Legion to keep track of. Mental walls, Magnetic Throw, and now hers. Could get even better with more Legion on the way.

- POWER CHECK/ Consider the test unit and all existing units and all glyphs to compare to and check for any powers that could be over amplified and break the game. Each power must define when it takes place, who or what it affects, and What are the stipulations on the power if there are any.
Pass.

- FUN TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play.
Pass, the Legion is one of my favorite teams to play!

- FUN COMPETITIVE TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play against.
Pass.

- DRAFTING TEST/ Consider whether or not this design is worth drafting.
Pass, a decent Legionnaire who could also be used in a mish-mash team as well.

- USAGE TEST/ Consider whether or not all of the powers on this card were used or at least usable.
Pass.

- STRATEGY TEST/ Consider whether or not the design offers any real strategy or interesting tactics to the overall game.
Pass. Multiple Defense is kinda hard to set up. After using it and placing one figure on her card she is vulnerable to multiple attacks taking her out in the remaining turns. Got to think wisely when to use, especially if there is one on her card or already destroyed.

Army Test
- Does it pass
, Yes or No? Yes.
- What should be the unit's point value? 200 seems high to me after this one.
- Give a brief overview. Triplicate Girl is eager to set up her defensive options and was one shot destroyed at the end of round 1. I re-targeted the attack to Cosmic Boy as to not ruin the test. She gets her defensive options set up, and manages to use them once keeping Cosmic Boy alive, but just a bit longer though. The battle moves away from her and she watch's Superboy, Saturn Girl and Lightning Lad get the OM's, and activations. Later she uses Three are One and places one of her on the Card and goes on the offensive. She deals wounds to Capt Marvel with Combinded Strength and is blocked by a Scouts. The Scouts attack and destroy her on the next turns in that round.
Map: Hydra Base Gehenna (all optional rules, no glyphs)
Units: Team 1. Triplicate Girl, (200) Superboy, (Kal) (330) Cosmic Boy, (260) Lightning Lad, (180) Brainiac 5, (130) Saturn Girl, (220) Krypto, (80) 1400 points
Team 1. Kree Scouts (x7) (280) Ronan, (360) Captain Marvel, (Mar-Vel) (400) Quasar, (370) 1410 points)

Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
- Does it pass
, Yes or No? Yes.
- What should be the unit's point value? Hard to tell after this one.
- Give a brief overview. Triplicate Girl moves out, makes copies of herself forcing the opponents figures think twice about attacking the near Legionnaires. Only gets one OM this game as the Legion rolls great and over the Titans big.
Map: Rock Creek Way (All optional rules, no glyphs)
Units: Team 1. Triplicate Girl, (200) Cosmic Boy, (260) Brainiac 5, (130) Lightning Lad, (180) Saturn Girl, (220) 990 points.
Team 2. Cyborg, (200) Starfire, (210) Raven, (190) Superboy, (Kon-El) (240) Beat Boys, (Humaniod, T-Rex, Pterodactyl ) (160) 1000 points

Spoiler Alert!

Army Test[/U]
- Does it pass[/B][/SIZE], Yes or No? Yes.
- What should be the unit's point value? 200 seems high.
- Give a brief overview. Triplicate girl, starts by making multiples of herself on the field. She only gets to use the defensive aspect once thanks to the Special Attacks of the Iron men, but that targeted Girl is destroyed anyway. She deals 2 wounds to Mark 3, who is later destroyed, allowing her to move and attack with a height and Strength in numbers on Tony, but it's blocked. She takes wounds and is destroyed by Mark 3 and Tony, with 1 Trip girl still on her card.
Map: Rock Creek Way (all optional Rules, no glyphs)
Units: Team 1. Triplicate Girl, (200) Cosmic Boy, (260) Brainiac 5, (130) Lightning Lad, (180) Saturn Girl, (220) 990 points.
Team 2. Iron Men, Mark V, (280) Mark 3, (220) Mark 2, (150) Mark 1, (70) Stealth Suit, (270) 990 points

Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
- Does it pass
, Yes or No? Yes.
- What should be the unit's point value? She comes closer to her 200 point value in this one, but still not quite all the way.
- Give a brief overview. Triplicate Girl helps protect Comsic Boy with her defensive ability, then goes on the offensive and deals a wound to Scorpion, but 1 girl is taken down by an Apok Weapon roll. Late game she takes down a few Intergang Agents, but is dealt wounds and destroyed by them in the process.
Map: Hydra Base Gehenna (all optional rules no glyphs)
Team 2. Black Tarantula, (300) Intergang Agents (x3) (360) Scorpion, (200) Metallo, (140) 1000 points

Spoiler Alert!

After these tests (note: her team is down by 10 points a couple of times) I'm just not seeing 200 points, 180 or so at most. The biggest problem is her survivability. With 4 defense and 1 life on a max of 3 figures, and they way her Special Abilities work she gets taken down to fast to be valued at 200 points, IMO.

Her powers are dependent on placing the figures on her card which hurts her survivability. After using Multiple Defense or with figures on her card you want to use her to attack but a range of 1 means she has to melee, which puts her often out of position (all those Legion defensive powers) and vulnerable to counter attacks, and getting KO'd in the remainder of the round.

I really like the way abilities work, they are fun and unique to use. I guess, I just wish she would be in the game longer to use them more. I'd say 180 would be where I'd put her.

Hope my tests help, they were fun to do!
Thanks, REJ! These will be a lot of help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!