View Single Post
Old July 24th, 2013, 10:06 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: Heroes of Ninja Turtle 'Scape.

I'm planning on doing 3 test in all but I thought I would post the results from my first test so you can start reviewing it.

- Give a brief overview. Wanted to use the Hand Ninja to mimic the Foot Clan on this test, backed them up with a couple of assassin heroes, one a melee star and the other a ranged attack champ. The hero bonding common squad should also provide a look at how they would deal with the many hero bonding common squads of classic scape. Had the Slums map already built and it provided a nice city streets style map to test these guys out on as well as providing some shadow tiles for Sewer Stealth. No flying or special move units were involved so the changing elevations will be an equal challenge for both teams.
Map: Slums of Rio
Units: TMNT (500) vs. Hand Ninja x2, Electra, Merlyn (500)
Spoiler Alert!

Recap: Some very poor dice rolling by the TMNT on defense combined with big attack rolls by the Ninja ended this game before it even started. They definitely have the ability to get dropped like a 120 point hero (I’ve had KA drop on me from just 1 attack several times). Still I think I learned a few things from this lopsided result. Leos leadership power does a nice job of keeping the team moving out together. The Sewer Stealth definitely comes in handy as it negated Merlyn & the Ninja from grabbing HG then using a ranged attack. Elektra's ability to move and attack up to 5 different targets was really good here though since the TMNT were all grouped together.

I suspect the TMNT will struggle like most low cost hero based armies do when facing down the classic bonded hero squad armies. I could see the Gladiator or Dwarf 500 point armies just rolling through them. They still face the familiar disadvantages of making OM decisions and only having 1 activation per OM vs. no OM decisions and multiple activations per OM.