View Single Post
Old July 22nd, 2013, 12:04 PM

JESUSFREAK rolls all skulls baby! JESUSFREAK rolls all skulls baby! JESUSFREAK rolls all skulls baby! JESUSFREAK rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Heroes of Ninja Turtle 'Scape.

here is my playtest: I played the first match without order markers (quite accidentally) There is some concern about them not being able to hold up against squads? Not so. My second round (Played properly) had them pitted against an almost all marro army. here are the abilities that helped counteract that.

Turtle Tech:
I used turtle tech to forever (except the first round, which is where I lost poor Leo) get initiative, and dons high defense kept him from ever losing this team aspect.

Nunchuck Assault:
Mike was able to take out whole squads of Drudges with this ability. It turned out to be one of my favorite abilities, as it made him play like Mikey!

Wrath of Raph:
Easily my favorite ability. If somehow Mike (I allways kept raph and mike close for this reason) was wounded, raph wound lash out it vengeance at the little one lifed menace, removing him from the equation (most of the time) Keeping the squad population low.

Sai Fury:
Sai fury almost guaranteed that a squad figure would get killed off, allowing you to attack, not only every figure adjacent to raph, (with some hot dice) but also if you failed an attack you could reroll it (once again, with some hot dice) and even nail an opponent far away from raph.

There is no doupt in my mind that Raph and mike will be the squad bashing part of the team (and rightfully so) as they are able to drop, on average, 2-5 marros PER ROUND!!!!!

no probs with squads there

Honts/C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT (Leonardo)

- THEME TEST/ Check to see if there are any powers or stats on the test unit card that does not accurately reflect the theme or likeness of what the character would and could do. Also consider destructible objects, and whether or not this characters powers should affect them.
PASS

- MIRROR TEST/ Check to see if the unit were played against itself, if there would be any loops that would upset the balance of the Game.
PASS

- BONDING TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing Bonding abilities to make sure there are no continual Bonding possibilities that do not stop appropriately or do not stop at all. This is to prevent loops in Bonding.
PASS

- SYNERGIES TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing synergies to make sure there are no factors that could break the game by making any unit to powerful or too weak.
PASS

- POWER CHECK/ Consider the test unit and all existing units and all glyphs to compare to and check for any powers that could be over amplified and break the game. Each power must define when it takes place, who or what it affects, and What are the stipulations on the power if there are any.
PASS

- FUN TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play.
PASS

- FUN COMPETITIVE TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play against.
PASS

- DRAFTING TEST/ Consider whether or not this design is worth drafting.
PASS

- USAGE TEST/ Consider whether or not all of the powers on this card were used or at least usable.
PASS

- STRATEGY TEST/ Consider whether or not the design offers any real strategy or interesting tactics to the overall game.
PASS

Army Test
- Does it pass, Yes or No? SI
- What should be the unit's point value? 500
- Give a brief overview. .
Map: .Custom
Units: .The 4 Brothers vs. Isamu, Grimnak, Sgt. Drake Alexander, Marro Warriors, & Airborne Elites.
Spoiler Alert!

________
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Team TMNT lost. The TMNT won the initiative in R1, but failed to get all of there members close enough to do any real damage (though Leo scored a Hit on Grimnak) Grimnak and his team retaliated by EATING LEO!!!!!! (I believe the turtles would have done better had leo not been EATEN by that GRRUUUTT FIIILLTTHHHH!!!!!!) Drake then dealt two wounds to Michelangelo, but Raph retaliates with the Wrath of Raph. The Marros and the Airborne both fired at Raph, The A-E dealing two wounds and the Marro dealing 1, but 1 of both squads fall to the Wrath of Raph. In round two Don takes out a Marro, and Mike deals a wound to Drake using his Nunchucku Assault. Raph deals 3 hits to Grimnak using his Sai fury, but alas, Mike is swarmed by the remaning marros and dies at their guns. But of course, raph lunges out in fury and rips one of them to shreds! The two remaining brothers are unable to do any damage, despite the fact Don moved into Turtle power radius. An Airborne Elite puts a bullet in Raph’s Shell, and Raph lunges out in Wrath, killing his assailer. Drake having seen his foe (Mikey) meet his end, turns to Don and deals 3 wounds. Sneaky Isamu deals the final blow leaving one, cloudy-minded brother bleeding on the battlefield. Raph’s Wrath makes sure Drake does not escape the field unharmed by dealing another wound with Wrath.Without Don at his side, Raph loses his initiative, and is swallowed whole by the accursed Grimnak’s Dinosaur. The Game is Over[/font]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Grimnaks seems to be an under-priced character. If he was not present on the battlefield, I don’t think the game would have gone so negatively for them.[/font]

Army Test
- Does it pass, Yes or No? YEP.
- What should be the unit's point value? 500
- Give a brief overview. .
Map: .Custom
Units: .The TMNT vs. Syvariss, Marro Warriors,3 squads of Marro Drudges, the Anubian Wolves, the Dumutef Guard, and the Krav Maga Agents.
Spoiler Alert!
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Leo was swarmed right out of the gate, and was killed, keeping me from using him at all. The Remaning Turtles played just as I wanted them to: Mike using his ‘Chucks to blast away squads, Raph, mindlessly hitting the way he does, and Don, being a bit more of a tactical character, leaving him towards the rear so I could use his Turtle Tech. They could slaughter squads like the turtles could, but had more trouble against a skilled hero, just like in the Toons/ Comics. They played absolutely perfect, but one thing I noticed is that their life is rather low and so is their defense. If you don’t get initiative, you’re most likely gonna lose a turtle, giving a dimension of excitement to the initiative rolling, and making don a vital part of the team. I love em, and I say they are worth 500 points altogether. [/font]

Do you guys need me too play test again?

Last edited by JESUSFREAK; July 22nd, 2013 at 12:09 PM.