View Single Post
Old July 18th, 2013, 03:58 PM

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

I'd like to re-nominate my Pavin Nahz custom for SoV.

Here is my old submission if you'd like to read it, only a little has changed since then. There is an 8-space clear sight limit on Cover Shot Special Attack movement, and only small, medium, and large (non-flying Unique Heroes) can benefit. The non-flying restriction is so Pavin doesn't boost Raelin & Marcu, who loved an older version of this power.

He's on the weaker end competitively, but is fun to play with groups of Unique/Uncommon heroes. He's not a unit I'd take to a normal tournament, because you have to build an army around him to get the most benefit from Pavin, and an army with so many Unique Heroes (that aren't dragons) just can't deal with most squad-heavy builds out there. Movement is only so valuable in heroscape, and you're basically sacrificing an attack to move your allies.

The miniature used is the Star Wars Chiss Mercenary from Imperial Entanglements. abprices shows 23 in stock. Alterealitygames has 90 in stock costing only a quarter. That's a total of 113 miniatures after minimal searching.

Pavin Nahz is a Medium 4 figure, about the same size as the Mariedians and D&D humanoids. Comments in my customs thread have been positive regarding the miniature choice. Here are a couple pics.
Spoiler Alert!

Thanks for your consideration,
Arch-vile