View Single Post
Old May 24th, 2013, 11:38 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth
Re: Public Design Post

GREEN LANTERN (SORANIK NATU)

MINI:
Spoiler Alert!

BIO:
Spoiler Alert!

NAME = GREEN LANTERN
SECRET IDENTITY = Soranik Natu

SPECIES = Korugaran
UNIQUENESS = Unique Hero
CLASS = Officer
PERSONALITY = Determined
SIZE/HEIGHT = Medium 5

LIFE = 3
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 3
POINTS = 280?

GREEN POWER BATTERY 3
Start the game with 3 green Battery Markers on this card. Add one to this Green Lantern’s Move, Range, Attack, and Defense numbers for each green Battery Marker on this card.

GREEN POWER SHIELD
Anytime this Green Lantern or any adjacent, friendly figure is attacked by an opponent's figure and at least one skull is rolled, instead of rolling defense dice normally, you may instead remove one green Battery Marker from this card and ignore the attack.

GREEN CONSTRUCT HEAL
Instead of attacking with this Green Lantern, you may choose a wounded friendly Hero figure adjacent to this Green Lantern and roll the 20-sided die or remove one green Battery Marker from this card. If you roll a 13 or higher, or if you removed one green Battery Marker from this card, remove up to 2 Wound Markers from the chosen figure's Army Card.

FLYING
SUPERSTRENGTH

I wanted Natu to be a Green Lantern with a healing power, but I also did not want to bring healing to the powerful Green Lantern faction lightly. Forcing Natu to not attack while also burning a Battery Marker, or taking a 50-50 risk, at healing a wound seems fair. I also chose to not use Green Power Shield for this design, so other Lanterns would have to protect her. I believe Natu's best armies would be with other figures rather than Green Lanterns. Flash, Batman, and Spider-Man are three heroes who would really appreciate a healer.

In the comics, Natu is both a good fighter and a doctor. Hence, her Officer status allows Kilowog to boost her (just like the rest of the Green Lanterns). She is commonly on the front lines fighting, so her stats can't go much lower. I want her to be a lower-costed Green Lantern, and since her healing power is already valuable I lowered her stats and life as much as thematically possible. I thought about giving Natu a "Green Shield Aura" that allowed her Green Power Shield to shield all friendly figures within 4 spaces. However, I liked the idea of Natu being kept more vulnerable and decided to leave the shield off the card entirely.

Thoughts?

Last edited by Arch-vile; February 10th, 2015 at 01:47 AM.