View Single Post
Old April 16th, 2013, 10:01 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of The Flash (John Fox) - Playtesting Phase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viegon
Here's my report.

He's a fun one, and seems well costed. I had bad luck with him in my first two games, but he got to do a lot in the other two.

My one complaint is that he will almost always use his SA, only in rare scenarios will his normal attack (and in extension, the 4 extra move on Superspeed) be useful (for me, the only time I used it was when his powers were negated). The problem is, his SA gives him the same amount of move (12 + 4), gives him 9 dice per turn total as opposed to 4, which is split into multiple attacks which is better against swarms and powers like Magical Defense, is also an SA which gets around plenty of powers, and is more versatile on when he attacks (and he can jump back if he wants).

I think changing his SA so that he "must" jump back after using it would make his normal attack more useful and make him more strategically interesting (as it is, I didn't really use it a whole lot).

Unfortunately, my report is too long so it will be split into 2 PMs.

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT FLASH (John Fox)

- THEME TEST
Pass

- MIRROR TEST
Pass

- BONDING TEST
Pass

- SYNERGIES TEST
Pass

- POWER CHECK
Pass

- FUN TEST
Pass

- FUN COMPETITIVE TEST
Pass

- DRAFTING TEST
Pass

- USAGE TEST
Tentative Pass, I found his SA too useable, meaning I didn’t use his normal attack.

- STRATEGY TEST
Big Pass

Army Test 1
- Does it pass, Yes or No?
Tentative Pass
- What should be the unit's point value? 220 might be a tad too high
- Give a brief overview. Just not a good showing for John Fox. Scarlet Witch cursed him early and his die rolls (especially on defense) we’re horrible.

UNIT SUM-UP
Damage:
Normal: 1 Multiple Man.
Special Attack: 3 Multiple Men.
Power Usage/Effectiveness:
Superspeed: Used the 4 additional spaces 0 times.
Speed Shift Special Attack: Used 5 times out of 9 turns. 14 total attacks. Jumped back 2 times.
Temporal Defense: Used 1 times.

Map: Country Road (no glyphs)
Units: Flash (Fox), Invisible Woman, Thing, Giant-Man, Atom (990 points) VS Multiple Man x16, Destiny, Mystique, Scarlet Witch (985 points)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 2
*Shrug*
- What should be the unit's point value? Too hard to tell
- Give a brief overview. This game just isn’t very useful. Grundy got one lucky hit to kill Flash at the end of the round before he got to do much at all.

UNIT SUM-UP
Damage:
Normal: N/A
Special Attack: 1 wound to Grundy.
Speed Shift Special Attack: Used 1 times out of 2 turns. 3 total attacks. Jumped back 0 times.
Temporal Defense: Used 0 times.

Units: Flash (Fox), Kid Flash, Spectre (980 points) VS Ultron, Solomon Grundy (970 points)
Spoiler Alert!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viegon

Army Test 3
Pass
- What should be the unit's point value? 220 seems solid
- Give a brief overview. Finally a good showing for Flash. He was instrumental in taking down Zatanna before she could do anything, and got to deal some other damage.

UNIT SUM-UP
Damage:
Special Attack: 2 wounds to Swamp Thing, all 4 wounds to Zatanna, 1 wound to Zemo.
Speed Shift Special Attack: Used 5 times out of 5 turns. 14 total attacks. Jumped back 2 times.

Units: Flash (Fox), Sage, Wonder Man, Sub-Mariner (1000 points) VS Baron Zemo, Swamp Thing, Raven, Zatanna, Shocker (995 points)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 4
Pass
- What should be the unit's point value? 220 sounds fine.
- Give a brief overview. This was a good game for John Fox, he really got to shine. Despite doing 500 points of damage, it doesn’t worry me because he only got to do so much because of his support; he does like a shield a lot though.

UNIT SUM-UP
Damage:
Special Attack: all 3 wounds to Aqualad, all 9 Amazon Warriors, all 4 wounds to Wonder Girl.
Speed Shift Special Attack: Used 12 times out of 12 turns. 31 total attacks. Jumped back 3 times.

Units: Flash (Fox), Kid Flash, Atom, Ragdoll, Skrull Infiltrator x2 (500 points) VS Amazon Warriors x3, Wonder Girl, Aqualad (500 points)
Spoiler Alert!
Viegon's test brought a lot of light to the character. I like 220 strongly now. Streaky's note about Speed Shift is valid, but I like having the choice there. I propose we move to Final Editing at 220.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!