View Single Post
Old April 6th, 2013, 03:10 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of the other 5 Infinity Gems: Playtesting

Thank you! The issue I'm having with the Infinity Gauntlet is to not make it too powerful but it should be coming next. Would you like to test it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellfire
The gems are fun to use. They also make for some highly coveted objective points on the battlefield. Great work and thanks for letting me give them a test drive.

- Hellfire.
C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT (Glyphs of Infinity)

- THEME TEST/ Check to see if there are any powers or stats on the test unit card that does not accurately reflect the theme or likeness of what the character would and could do. Also consider destructible objects, and whether or not this characters powers should affect them.
Pass.

- MIRROR TEST/ Check to see if the unit were played against itself, if there would be any loops that would upset the balance of the Game.
Pass.

- BONDING TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing Bonding abilities to make sure there are no continual Bonding possibilities that do not stop appropriately or do not stop at all. This is to prevent loops in Bonding.
Pass.

- SYNERGIES TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing synergies to make sure there are no factors that could break the game by making any unit to powerful or too weak.
Pass.

- POWER CHECK/ Consider the test unit and all existing units and all glyphs to compare to and check for any powers that could be over amplified and break the game. Each power must define when it takes place, who or what it affects, and What are the stipulations on the power if there are any.
Pass. There was some potential to go too far here but I think the theme and gameplay was balanced pretty well here.

- FUN TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play.
Pass. Definitely!

- FUN COMPETITIVE TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play against.
Pass. It was pretty fun to have figures simultaneously seeking out glyphs while attempting to prevent the opposition from acquiring them.

- DRAFTING TEST/ Consider whether or not this design is worth drafting.
Pass.

- USAGE TEST/ Consider whether or not all of the powers on this card were used or at least usable.
Pass.

- STRATEGY TEST/ Consider whether or not the design offers any real strategy or interesting tactics to the overall game.
Pass.

Army Test
- Does it pass
, Yes or No? Yes.
- What should be the unit's point value? N/A.
- Give a brief overview. The whereabouts of the Infinity Gems have been found and it results in a first engagement battle between SHIELD and Darkseid minions, which includes Ant-Man (idk, he got brainwashed or something).
Map: Rocket Launching Platform.
Units: SHIELD Agents (x2), Dum Dum Dugan, Nick Fury, Iron Man (MKI) 600 vs Darkseid, Ant-Man, Fire Ant Swarm x3, Parademon Shock Troopers (x2).
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
- Does it pass
, Yes or No? Pass.
- What should be the unit's point value? N/A.
- Give a brief overview. The fate of the Marvel Universe hangs in the balances as Ronan and Silver Surfer lead a Kree scouting expedition and run into some Skrulls who have discovered the whereabouts of the Infinity Gems.
Map: Rocket Launching Platform.
Units: Silver Surfer, Kree Scout (x6), Ronan (1000) vs Super-Skrull (Kl'rt), Skrull Infiltrator (x5), Skrull Warriors (x3), Super-Skrull (Rl'nnd) (1000).
Spoiler Alert!

Some Additional Thoughts:

Overall, I think the infinity gems were great. They all seemed to work well. I did a couple additional informal tests on smaller custom maps, using the Mind and Reality Gems, as I didn't feel like I got to use them enough in the two battles posted above. They both checked out as being balanced and fun, imo. The one gem that I found difficult to make use of was the Soul Gem. However, I believe that this won't be as much of an issue if one has the Infinity Gauntlet (the which I'm guessing will allow one to have multiple gems and not lose them).

Also, should Soul Gem read something like this?

Quote:
EQUIPMENT GLYPH
Anytime this figure destroys a figure that is not an Android with a normal or special attack, you may place that figure on this card. Figures may not be removed from this card except by this Glyph. After attacking with this figure, you may place remove a figure on from this card and place it on any empty space(s) within 5 clear sight spaces of this figure. Immediately make a normal attack with the placed figure, then remove the placed figure from the game. While the placed figure is on the battlefield, all of its special powers are negated and it is not affected by any other special powers on any other card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!