View Single Post
Old March 19th, 2013, 07:19 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth
Re: mac122's customs: Johann Schmidt & Hydra

I've been working on some cards based on the Captain America movie. I know it's a "superhero" movie, but I wanted some Classic Scape figures to use - doig my best to downplay the "superhero". Here are the ones I've got so far for Hydra. I'm using the MarvelScape Red Skull for Johann Schmidt, a Heroclix Egghead for Dr. Zola, a Heroclix Ray Hammond figure for Heinz Kruger, and the rest are German Dust Tactics figures that I painted. These first drafts don't have point costs yet.

Johann Schmidt

Schmidt is, obviously, the leader of Hydra. He's an enhanced human due to the use of an early version super-soldier serum, hence his high life and modified One Shield Defense. His weapon of choice is a Tesseract-powered pistol.

Arnim Zola

Dr. Zola is not much of a fighter ("I merely develop the weapons, I cannot fire them" or something along those lines), but he is the brains behind the Hydra weaponry. His designs allowed the transfer and use of energy stored in the Tesseract. In the end, he's not quite as loyal and definitely not willing to die for the cause.

Heinz Kruger

One of Hydra's super-spies, Kruger infiltrated the US State Department and managed to sabotage the Army's super-soldier program, fortunately not before it was used to enhance Steve Rogers.

Tesseract Soldiers

The Tesseract Soldiers also feature the Tesseract Powered Weaponry special power. It won't help you get a hit, but it will boost any skulls you do roll. Two More is based on the Hydra mantra, "Cut off 1 head and 2 more shall take its place!"

Tesseract Elite

Heavily armed and armored, the Tesseract Elite can pack quite a punch. All that armor and weaponry slows him down, though.

Hydra Quad Gunner

There wasn't a Hydra soldier like this in the movie, but the sculpt was too cool not to use. Uses the same armor as the Tesseract Elite, but uses more conventional machine guns.

Hydra Panzerschreck

Another figure with no direct connection to the movie, but again too cool not to use. Basically a bazooka trooper with the same armor as the previous 2 designs.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031

Last edited by mac122; September 24th, 2017 at 03:43 PM. Reason: Reposted cards