View Single Post
Old July 29th, 2012, 01:17 PM
has been BANNED

qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Beakface Sneaks by Super Bogue
This will be a little more brief than usual because RL is getting in the way and I need to get this done.

Balance
These guys are a 2 figure melee squad with low attack and defense so, the low price of them is understandable. However, I found that they are effective for their points without being underpriced.

Theme
I love that the 2 figures look so good together…they were meant to be a squad. I feel the powers and their attributes fit them, although like Scytale I agree that Skittish might be a little out of place. I don’t know if I like or dislike that they are Raporians, but I do like that Raporians are an official race that is not represented until know, so it works for me.

Accessibility
According to Scytale and Robbdaman there is still plenty of these guys to go around.

Playability
Flocking really makes these guys work and it forces you to attack with them, which allows you to move more Sneaks up into the action. Evasive 3 helps them not easily get picked off by range as they move up the field. This also makes them a nice counter to ranged units, which is a huge plus for a melee unit. And Glide is a nice bonus on the right map.
I found that they work well in hoard style armies. I also found around 4 squads to work well in a Wyrmling army or with other high price Heroes because they are so cheap it is easy to take a bunch of them and fill up your starting zone. They do rather well for their weak stats but they usually fall quickly, similar to the Vipers.
I too thought Flocking might be a potential problem with moving Raptorian Heroes but after testing for this (don’t ask me how either), I found that it was not a concern and in some cases it was nice and in others it hurt you to do so, as now you aren’t moving more Sneaks to the front lines.

Summary
The Sneaks are a fresh new unit including new powers and a variation of an existing power. They also play differently than other official units while filling a whole in the official canon as Raptorians.

I vote YES to induct the Beakface Sneaks into the SoV.