View Single Post
Old February 8th, 2012, 02:05 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Rat Swarm - Playtesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado
C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT (Rat Swarm)

- THEME TEST/ Check to see if there are any powers or stats on the test unit card that does not accurately reflect the theme or likeness of what the character would and could do. Also consider destructible objects, and whether or not this characters powers should affect them.
Pass

- MIRROR TEST/ Check to see if the unit were played against itself, if there would be any loops that would upset the balance of the Game.
Pass

- BONDING TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing Bonding abilities to make sure there are no continual Bonding possibilities that do not stop appropriately or do not stop at all. This is to prevent loops in Bonding.
Pass, This unit could use some bonding.

- SYNERGIES TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing synergies to make sure there are no factors that could break the game by making any unit to powerful or too weak.
Pass, Could use some more synergy.

- POWER CHECK/ Consider the test unit and all existing units and all glyphs to compare to and check for any powers that could be over amplified and break the game. Each power must define when it takes place, who or what it affects, and What are the stipulations on the power if there are any.
Pass

- FUN TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play.
Pass, but barely.

- FUN COMPETITIVE TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play against.
Pass

- DRAFTING TEST/ Consider whether or not this design is worth drafting.
Fail, I see no reason to draft them without some other unit that that would give them some better synergy.

- USAGE TEST/ Consider whether or not all of the powers on this card were used or at least usable.
Pass

- STRATEGY TEST/ Consider whether or not the design offers any real strategy or interesting tactics to the overall game.
Pass, again barely. Very difficult to execute.

Army Test
- Does it pass
, Yes or No? Yes.
- What should be the unit's point value? .10 points is perfect
- Give a brief overview. .Red Tornado single handed, kept this one close and fun.
Map: .Fulcrum
Units: Rat Swarm x11, Doombot, Red Tornado (505) vs.
Mole Man, Moloid x10, Wonder Woman (500)

Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
- Does it pass
, Yes or No? Yes.
- What should be the unit's point value? .10
- Give a brief overview. Once again Red Tornado saves the day and the fun.
Map: Fulcrum.
Units: Rat Swarm x16, Martian Manhunter, Red Tornado (760) vs. Body Guard x11, Deadpool, Ventriloquist, Mad Hatter, & Harley Quinn (760).

Spoiler Alert!

The problem with this unit is its lack of synergy. Moloids have Mole Man. Fire Ants have Ant-Man. Rat Swarms need a Rat-Man!
The second test could have went a little different if Deadpool's Wisecrack did not stop Martian Manhunter from attacking Harey Quinn. Of course she would have needed to fail her defense roll also. That Smilex Bomb wiped out half the Rat Swarms and halved Red Tornado, who came back for the win amazingly. Love Red Tornado!!

I would like to try these again with some sort of leader. On the positive note, these were some of the closest Playtests ever for me. It kept looking like one side would crush the other but somehow it all balanced nicely. I think the issue is the lack of movement. Even with Red Tornado and Martian Manhunter moving them around, it was just really difficult to 'swarm' with them. On top of that is the potential to Plague your own figures, unless you want all Androids, which is a hefty build restriction. I am really hoping that something else is in the works for this design.

As always let me know if you want or need additional tests.
Looks solid. I wouldn't draft these other than a filler without the Hero I have coming that will synergize with them. Just keep an eye out in the Playtest Sign Up for my next design.