View Single Post
Old December 14th, 2011, 05:30 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: Heroscape's Very First ONLINE Tournament!

Fearless round 1 predictions!
  1. Izner (Agent Carr, Laglor, Marcu Esenwein, Nakita Agents, Otonashi, Warforged Soldeirs) versus Charr21 (Warforged Soldiers X2, Fen Hydra, Krav Maga Agents, Marro Warriors, Crixus)

Hodgepodgey goodness all around, but I like Charr21's hodgepodge more.

2. Son of Arathorn (Ornak, Sir Hawthorne, Brunak, Heavy Gruts x3, Isamu) versus Megapower999 (Sonlen, Othkurik, Wyvern, Roman Archers, Fire elemental, Air elemental)

SoA rides his "carry Hawthorne away, then let him go to work" strategy into the second round.

3. Lefton4ya (10th Regimentx5, Samuel Brown, Raelin) vs. Benji (Atlaga, Mindflayer, Minions x3)

Lefton4ya WTFs the minions into oblivion, probably kicking a defenseless puppy in the process.

4. Garenex (Acolarh, Kyntela Gwyn, Arkmer, Ulginesh, Jorhdawn, Chardis) vs. The CEE (10th regiment x4, Brunak, Raelin(RotV), Isamu, Marcu)

Elf wizards are not the worst thing to face the 10th with, and Fulcrum is a good map for the matchup... but still, I gotta pick The CEE.

5. Filthy The Clown (Werewolf Lord X 2, Van Nessing, Raelin, Marro Warriors) vs. Robber (10th regiment of foot x4, Raelin 1.0, Eltahale)

Filthy has a very cool army, and I give him props for bringing C3V into the event. But Robber's army is just murder on anything that doesn't have abundant range, and I don't think the Marro Warriors cut it. Robber.

6. Ninja Status (Zelrig, Raelin 1.0, Sentinels of Jandar x2, Eldgrim the Viking Champion) vs. Kinseth (Greenscales X 4, Raelin RTV, Nilfheim, Isamu)

I actually like Ninja Status's army a lot. But he drew the wrong matchup (and the wrong map) here, I think. Kinseth.

7. AwesomeJ-AD2011 (Tor-Kul-Na, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior ROTV, 2x Marrden Nagrubs, Sonlen) vs. Sixthflagbearer (Mezzos x4, Krug, Kaemon, Marcu)

If I could watch one game, I think it would be this one, and not just because it's using my map. This is a very cool matchup. Not much for the Mezzos to kill here, and both TKN and Sonlen can bypass Exoskeleton. But Krug... yeesh. I hate myself for it, because I love TKN, but I think I'm picking Sixthflagbearer here.

8. Fi Skirata (Blastatrons x1, Gladiatrons x1, Q10, DeathWalker 9000, Zettian Guards, Isamu, Otonashi) vs. dok (Raelin RotV, Sir Gilbert, Tarn Viking Warriors, Knights of Weston x 4)

If you have to ask, you'll never know.

Last edited by dok; December 14th, 2011 at 05:40 PM. Reason: Charr21's army