View Single Post
Old December 7th, 2011, 01:07 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Wrecker -Wrecking Crew public playtesting ph

From Margloth:

I sent this to you once, but best as I can tell on my end it didn't go through. Since it's probably because I ran 5 tests (couldn't help myself, too much fun), I'm gonna split my results up. So expect 3 tests here, and 2 following with a complete summary. Hope your inbox has some wiggle room!

Also, I didn't use the Standard Playtesting sheet, since it didn't seem applicable. I can redo it if necessary.

ALL TESTS PERFORMED ON X MARKS THE SPOT

Test 1: Wrecking Crew, Kingpin (1020) vs. Fantastic 4, Ant-Man (1030)
Synopsis: All around, F4 seemed like a great team to run against the Crew. The match was very close, despite the F4 getting some bad luck and losing Invisible Woman very early. The Crew got 7 turns out of one OM here... scary at first, but ultimately they still felt balanced. Johnny really tore up the crew and exposed their biggest weakness... ranged flyers.

Spoiler Alert!

Test 2: Wrecking Crew (800) vs. Luke Cage, Wolverine, Spider-Man, Civilians x2 (810)
Synopsis: I figured Luke would perform well against the Crew, and Wolvie if he got his strikes right, and Spidey would keep 'em busy. Civvies were there to tie them down... but I quickly learned that the Crew eats squads for breakfast. Still a big win for the Fighters, though.

Spoiler Alert!

Test 3: Wrecking Crew, Hood, Bodyguard (995) vs. Ronan, Mar-vell, Kree Scouts x6 (1000)
Synopsis: I wanted to see how the Crew would hold up against range with excellent mobility. Ultimately, the Crew pulled out the win, as they crashed through the Scouts and Wrecker pulled off a game-changing Crowbar Demolition, and Piledriver managed a one-in-a-million killing blow on Mar-vell.

Spoiler Alert!

PART 2

ALL TESTS DONE ON X MARKS THE SPOT

Test 4: Wrecking Crew (800) vs. Thor, Incredible Hulk (810)
Synopsis: I wanted to see how the Crew would perform against truly heavy hitters, given that they should be fairly effective thematically. This one showed an awesome run by a half-demolished Crew (7 turn OM reveal again), proving that they're always dangerous and should never be considered down for the count!

Spoiler Alert!

Test 5: Wrecking Crew (800) vs. Batman, Robin, Black Canary, Green Arrow, Beat Cops x2 (790)
Synopsis: I wanted to make sure the Crew wasn't too punishing against mid-levels. They pretty much dominated this one, but it was less because they were especially effective and more because the Vigilantes especially weren't. Also, the Crew are good against commons, so Beat Cops don't ruin their day as much as other Commons (although they do eat up their attacks).

Spoiler Alert!

FINAL SUMMARY
I very much love the Crew, and I think 800 points is a great place for them. They never felt dominant, but never felt steamrolled, either. They definitely suffer against ranged flyers (especially if buildings are around), as only Thunderball and Wrecker have any chance of getting them. Wrecker is a great place for their OMs, but he's also far from invulnerable and once he goes down, I'd say the group's effectiveness falls by about half, which seems perfect.

Ultimately, the Crew is a one trick pony: Get initiative, get to the enemy first, and get wreckin'. It's a good trick, and terrific fun, but there are plenty of ways for a skilled opponent to counter it, and plenty of ways their own best laid plans fall flat. Great team, great designs, great fun!

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon