View Single Post
Old October 17th, 2011, 12:28 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Thunderball - Playtesting Phase

From Margloth:

Quote:
Here you go. Sorry, I took a little longer than I expected.

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT Thunderball

- THEME TEST/ Check to see if there are any powers or stats on the test unit card that does not accurately reflect the theme or likeness of what the character would and could do. Also consider destructible objects, and whether or not this characters powers should affect them.
Pass.

- MIRROR TEST/ Check to see if the unit were played against itself, if there would be any loops that would upset the balance of the Game.
Pass.

- BONDING TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing Bonding abilities to make sure there are no continual Bonding possibilities that do not stop appropriately or do not stop at all. This is to prevent loops in Bonding.
Pass. While we're on this, though, I'd just like to mention my thoughts on Wrecking Crew. First off, let me say that I love the power. However, I really don't feel that the power needs the final restriction. You might have to raise the 'target number' to above 17, but Frenzy doesn't have a restriction, and this is the 'Wrecking Crew', not the 'Scuff You Up Crew'. They should be able to WRECK you, assuming their d20 is hot. And they won't often be destroying figures to get the bonus anyway... if they do, it's likely squads, and with the high (likely) cost of the wrecking crew, they should have some squad chewing clout. Just my :twocents:

- SYNERGIES TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing synergies to make sure there are no factors that could break the game by making any unit to powerful or too weak.
Pass

- POWER CHECK/ Consider the test unit and all existing units and all glyphs to compare to and check for any powers that could be over amplified and break the game. Each power must define when it takes place, who or what it affects, and What are the stipulations on the power if there are any.
Pass

- FUN TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play.
Pass.

- FUN COMPETITIVE TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play against.
Pass.

- DRAFTING TEST/ Consider whether or not this design is worth drafting.
Pass... or at least once we get some more of the Crew!

- USAGE TEST/ Consider whether or not all of the powers on this card were used or at least usable.
Pass.

- STRATEGY TEST/ Consider whether or not the design offers any real strategy or interesting tactics to the overall game.
Pass.

Army Test
- Does it pass, Yes or No? Yes
- What should be the unit's point value? 180 felt a little high here, but it should, as one power was completely unused.
- Give a brief overview. There were a couple spots where this game could've changed drastically. Thunderball rolled defense like a champ.
Map: X Marks the Spot
Units: Thunderball, Kingpin, Hired Guns, Street Thugs (605) vs. Bullseye, Elektra, Hand Ninja x3

Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
- Does it pass, Yes or No? Yes
- What should be the unit's point value? Again, 180 was high but seemed good if one was to consider Wrecking Crew.
- Give a brief overview. Thunderball's special is a bit cantankerous. It's really only dependable against squads, but is more useful against heroes. Unfortunately, even mid-level defense can usually stop it (in my games he rolled veeeery poorly for Ball and Chain Slam).
Map: X Marks the Spot
Units: Thunderball, Kingpin, Killer Croc (600) vs. Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Jewel (600)

Spoiler Alert!

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon

Last edited by Hahma; October 17th, 2011 at 12:35 PM.