View Single Post
Old October 10th, 2011, 08:17 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Well, as many of you know, I'm going into surgery tomorrow and am not sure exactly how long I'll be out (but hopefully not too long and hopefully it's not too serious).

But before I go, since things are a bit clogged and I'm part of that, I want to offer two votes:

I vote YES to accept Tyrian into the SoV.

I think he plays to his theme perfectly, he is a lot of fun, he may be a bit overcosted (but that's good--a ranged flier is tough match, so better a bit high), but all in all, I think he is a great addition.

He looks just like a Promo from Gencon--a great repaint of a solid original sculpt. And I wish I had an extra that I could really paint well enough to be Tyrian. A fun and fair unit, imo.

---

I also vote YES to accept the Zettian Infantry into the SoV.

These guys are a great addition to the game, making Deathwalkers and the Warden more fun to play. Honestly, I think they may be a tad overpriced as well, but, as I said above, that is good. They are fun, without being broken. With such a short range, relatively low base stats, etc., they make a nice addition to the game.

Yeah, the sculpts aren't the best ever (but thankfully they are cheap and available) and in the end you still have Deathwalker rolls getting in your way. (I'm glad that the Circuitry Replacement is carefully worded to only trigger from special powers and not attacks of any kind. I'd hate to have lost the high-risk feel of Deathwalkers.) But these guys are, again, fun and fair.

--

Nice work, guys, on two excellent units, imo.