View Single Post
Old October 3rd, 2011, 11:01 AM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

I think I have finally arrived at a decision for dok's Zettian Infantry

I don't have much to add to what my fellow judges have already said about these guys.

Probably the biggest thing that stood out to me about them was that I actually thoroughly enjoyed playing a Soulborg army with them. I don't play Soulborgs much just because of personal style and preference. These guys are making me change my mind.

They made using DWs a fun experience for me without losing the suspense that accompanies the shaking of the dice when rolling defense for a DW.

Circuitry Replacement was extremely valuable in more than one of the games I played. Without Utgar Soulborg Bonding, I don't know if Circuitry Replacement could have been as useful. I am getting to the point where I want to see more subtle synergy rather than the oft used bonding. With these guys, however, it actually serves a real purpose beyond being able to take a turn with the bonded hero- it made everything work.

I will say that without the Warden or roads, they can be a little frustrating because of their speed, but no more so than the KoW which are one of my favorite units in the game. So, that detraction isn't much of a detraction for me.

Again, the other judges have said most of what there is to be said for these guys.

I will leave you with this. If you are like me and don't typically play Soulborg armies because they don't appeal to you- the Zettian Infantry may change your mind. Give hem a try and, like me, you will probably start seeing more use out of your dusty Utgar Soulborgs.

I vote YES to induct the Zettian Infantry into the Soldiers of Valhalla