View Single Post
Old August 10th, 2011, 10:45 AM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of Captain Marvel (Mar-Vell) - Playtesting Phas

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT Captain Mar-vell (Round 2)

Army Test
- Does it pass, Yes or No? .Yes
- What should be the unit's point value? Felt more like 360-80 here, but I find he does against heavy hitters.
- Give a brief overview. I maintain that Mar-vell is weak against heavy hitters, which I personally don't have a problem with, but just a heads up in case anyone's thematically against it. So in this test, he feels about 20-50 points off. However, it should be noted that Super Skrull is a good counterdraft to him (can't be targeted at range, has a wounding defensive power of his own, has high enough attack that he can break Mar-vell's defense), and his attack dice were way off in this game. Also, while he was not untouchable, he did do enough damage that Wolverine was able to successfully clean up, so it seemed like his points held okay.
Map: X Marks the Spot
Units: Mar-vell, Wolverine (680) vs. Super Skrull, Skrull Warriors x3 (670)

Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
- What should be the unit's point value? 400, possibly more
- Give a brief overview. I find that against heavy hitters, Mar-vell plays kind of like a suped-up Batman. He hits you fairly hard, and when you hit back, you're either gonna punish him, or he's gonna punish you. What this test shows, though, is if you can't keep up with him, or if you don't have a couple of solid attackers in your army, he's gonna crush you.
Map: X Marks The Spot
Units: Mar-vell, Kree Scouts x5 vs. Ronan, Kree Scouts x6

Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
- What should be the unit's point value? 400. He's definitely in Superman's ballpark move and defense wise, but in a different way. He truly feels cosmic against street fighters, but with an underlaying humanity (okay, Kreemanity) that feels like his powers have been granted.
- Give a brief overview. I really felt he felt good here. Yes, he dominated, but I never felt as the Vigilante player that I couldn't take him down, just that I wasn't. It felt like, "hmmm... if I had just drafted a bit more oomph...", and really, the final Batman Mar-vell fight felt like it could've gone either way. Of course, team Vigilante woulda still had Cap and Hush to contend with...
Map: X Marks The Spot
Units: Mar-vell, Hasbro Captain America, Hush (840) vs. Batman (Bruce), Punisher, Daredevil, Robin, Huntress (850)

Spoiler Alert!

C3G Needs You! Interested in playtesting? Want to playtest?
Humbled to have been a C3G Hero!