View Single Post
Old July 22nd, 2011, 03:19 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Re: Public Design Post

Alright, here's my shot at Mary Jane.

MARY JANE WATSON

HUMAN
UNIQUE HERO
CELEBRITY
CONFIDENT

MEDIUM 4

LIFE 2

MOVE 5
RANGE 1
ATTACK 1
DEFENSE 2

40 POINTS

DISTRACTING PRESENCE

If a Crime Fighter you control is targeted for an attack by an opponent’s figure within four clear sight spaces of Mary Jane, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 7 or higher, the attacking figure’s turn immediately ends.

PASSENGER SWING
If a figure you control moving with their Swing Line special ability passes over a space containing Mary Jane, at the end of that figure’s movement, place Mary Jane adjacent to that figure. Mary Jane will not take any leaving engagement attacks when moving with Passenger Swing.

BROKEN HEART
When Mary Jane is destroyed, you may place this figure on a Crime Fighter you control’s Army Card. That figure receives two wounds and rolls 3 additional attack dice as long as Mary Jane is on that Army Card. At the end of a round in which the chosen Crime Fighter took a turn, remove Mary Jane.

-----

I'm picturing all those times that Mary Jane or Aunt May or whoever throws a rock at the Lizard or smacks Doc Ock with their purse or yells something at Rhino or whatever; enough to distract them and give Spidey time to swing away and recalculate.

Of course, she can't be in the thick of things, either, because she's frail as all get-out. So if someone with Swing Line grabs her, they can bring her to safety.

And while it's tempting to just take her out, you might not want to do that, lest you awaken some Spider-Rage and send our Crime Fighter on the offensive. (I mean, after the mourning period on Gwen Stacy, what did Peter do? Go out and kill the Green Goblin [well, almost].) Of course, with a broken heart, he'll take some damage, too...

This could easily be a Spider-Man specific piece, too, by changing the Crime Fighter aspect. But I feel like leaving the door open for her daughter and... brother-in-law (what would you call the clone of your husband, anyways?) would be best.