View Single Post
Old May 26th, 2011, 05:06 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The Book of Doctor Octopus - Designing

Thanks, but I believe his offense potential is much better than you gave him credit. Figures can't move with his Cyber Claw, they can't even "circle" him, and combine that with his quick movment, he can tie people up quickly and attack on height 4 times with 4. He is also a criminal, so putting him in that faction makes sense too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marv_art
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT (Doctor Oct)

- THEME TEST/ Check to see if there are any powers or stats on the test unit card that does not accurately reflect the theme or likeness of what the character would and could do. Also consider destructible objects, and whether or not this characters powers should affect them.
No, like all the powers

- MIRROR TEST/ Check to see if the unit were played against itself, if there would be any loops that would upset the balance of the Game.
Tenticles galore. no

- BONDING TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing Bonding abilities to make sure there are no continual Bonding possibilities that do not stop appropriately or do not stop at all. This is to prevent loops in Bonding.
None noticed

- SYNERGIES TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing synergies to make sure there are no factors that could break the game by making any unit to powerful or too weak.
If his TENTICLES were to be boosted at the current level, with heighth he'd be rolling 5 attack. He may need this at his current point cost.

- POWER CHECK/ Consider the test unit and all existing units and all glyphs to compare to and check for any powers that could be over amplified and break the game. Each power must define when it takes place, who or what it affects, and What are the stipulations on the power if there are any.
Only thing to be worried about is TENTICLES as a special power, not special attack. It can therefore be boosted.

- FUN TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play.
YES

- FUN COMPETITIVE TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play against.
YES

- DRAFTING TEST/ Consider whether or not this design is worth drafting.
At current point level a tad pricey, I gave a seperate finding below.

- USAGE TEST/ Consider whether or not all of the powers on this card were used or at least usable.
YES. Awesome powers

- STRATEGY TEST/ Consider whether or not the design offers any real strategy or interesting tactics to the overall game.
Oh, yeah, get to higher ground and pound.

Army Test
- Does it pass, Yes or No? .Yes
- What should be the unit's point value? .under 225 currently I'll brief more below
- Give a brief overview. .He's a tad weak at current point level.
Map: .Mole Hills
Units: .Dod Oct Doom (Marvel) and Doombot VS Spidey Spider Girl and Superman 700 range
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
- Does it pass, Yes or No? .Yes
- What should be the unit's point value? .less than 225 or some tweaking to powers or stats
- Give a brief overview. .Does better in this game Doc needs some tweaking either make his Tenticle a Special attack or Pump up his normal attack.
Map: .Mole Hills
Units: .Doc Oct Doom (C3G) and a Doombot VS Captain America Spidey Wolverine and a Kree Scout
Spoiler Alert!
After this I ran a couple of individual tests on Cap VS Oct. At his current point level he should be able to go toe-to-toe with Cap. The changes I made where as follows: I made Doc's normal attack a 4, with TENTICLE BARRAGE Range:2 Attack:3 x 4attacks. In first run Doc Won 4-1 on Cap. I then tweaked his TENTICLE BARRAGE to Range:2 Attack:3 x3attacks. In second testing Doc lost 1-4. In my opinion Doc's TENTICLES should be a Special Attack, so he can attack those characters that have counters to NORMAL attacks but, not special attacks. This is just my opinion though and I thought I'd send you guys my findings. Awesome job on this unit though, it's accurate to character.