View Single Post
Old January 29th, 2011, 06:59 PM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth
Re: Trapster - Playtesting Phase

Oh.

From Pyre:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre
All done!

C3G PLAY TEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT Trapster

- THEME TEST/ Check to see if there are any powers or stats on the test unit card that does not accurately reflect the theme or likeness of what the character would and could do. Also consider destructible objects, and whether or not this characters powers should affect them.
Pass He’s a guy who shoots sticky glue things at people. Doesn’t take much to get the theme right!

- MIRROR TEST/ Check to see if the unit were played against itself, if there would be any loops that would upset the balance of the Game.
Pass

- BONDING TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing Bonding abilities to make sure there are no continual Bonding possibilities that do not stop appropriately or do not stop at all. This is to prevent loops in Bonding.
Pass

- SYNERGIES TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing synergies to make sure there are no factors that could break the game by making any unit to powerful or too weak.
Pass

- POWER CHECK/ Consider the test unit and all existing units and all glyphs to compare to and check for any powers that could be over amplified and break the game. Each power must define when it takes place, who or what it affects, and What are the stipulations on the power if there are any.
Pass It’s interesting how his use scales to your opponent. If you’re facing down Superman, he’s really good if you can glue Supes down. But if you glue down someone with a good range, your opponent might still be annoyed, but he’s still going to shoot you.

- FUN TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play.
Pass It’s fun to annoy your opponent, hehe!

- FUN COMPETITIVE TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play against.
Pass

- DRAFTING TEST/ Consider whether or not this design is worth drafting.
Pass He’s not great, and I probably wouldn’t draft him normally, but I love the idea of some low cost criminals for our heroes to beat on!

- USAGE TEST/ Consider whether or not all of the powers on this card were used or at least usable.
Pass

- STRATEGY TEST/ Consider whether or not the design offers any real strategy or interesting tactics to the overall game.
Pass Do you risk putting order markers on him, even if he can’t do damage, to be able to tie down your opponents? Do you not take the risk of him dying, and dump a million more markers on Wolverine? Some good—If not super important—questions!

- Heavy Hitter or Mid-Level Hero/ Does it pass, Yes or No? What should be the unit's point value? Give a brief summary. Pass, at 75
Yeah, he got his butt kicked, but he’s very situational, and could be really powerful against the right opponent’s, so I think 75 is good. An example would be Toad. If his paste pot managed to work on turn 1 of a round, he can just keep shooting Toad the entire round. If his opponent has no range, his worth goes up. He’d be good against big heavy hitters, like Hulk and Superman.
Spoiler Alert!

- Squad / Does it pass, Yes or No? What should be the unit's point value? Give a brief summary. Pass, at 75
He’s pretty good against squads. If they have low attack, his defense can keep him alive for a little while, at least. And I love how his glue gets superpowered against squads, killing them instantly, hehe! I don’t know if that’s thematic, but smooshing squads is always good, in my book.
Map: Ticalla Sunrise
Units: Hydra Agents
Spoiler Alert!

- Army Test/ Does it pass, Yes or No? What should be the unit's point value? Give a brief summary. Pass, at 75
He didn’t do TOO much, he just screwed up Batman for a round. There wasn’t much use putting more than one marker on him, when the crime lords and thugs are all shooting away and can do more damage. But I think he’s alright to throw in any army. He’s fun against heroes, and can do some damage to squads. He’s not that good, at all, but there’s nothing wrong with that! He’s fun, and he’d be great for some city street Batman/Daredevil scenarios!
Units: Trapster, Black Mask, Two-Face, Catwoman, Street Thugs x4 (750) Vs. Batman (Bruce), Daredevil, Robin, Gordon, Cops x2 (720)
Spoiler Alert!

- Army Test/ Does it pass, Yes or No? What should be the unit's point value? Give a brief summary. Pass, at 75
I wanted to see how he’d do in a smaller, hero-only environment. If he could tie down the enemies, then Sinestro and Bullseye could beat on them. Unfortunately, he was COMPLETELY useless in this game. Not a single attack or paste pot worked. If they would have, he might’ve been more of a use. I think he’s fine though, if he gets going with his paste, his opponent will have a headache, for sure.
Units: Trapster, Sinestro, Bullseye (580) VS. Deathstroke, Plastic Man, Huntress (595)
Spoiler Alert!

He’s definitely not the greatest figure in terms of power, but he’s fun to play, at least when he does something, haha! The biggest problem is that he takes a marker away from someone else. Bullseye and Sinestro, in the second test, just have so much more oomph, that an order marker on Trapster was just kind of a waste. But the nature of the C3G stuff, that’s how it’s going to be. If he gets lucky and pastes Superman or someone similar, like I said earlier, he’ll be better. It just depends on match ups and luck. I just love having more cheap criminals, though.

Pass, at 75 points
About what I expected in terms of outcomes.

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS