View Single Post
Old January 3rd, 2011, 08:36 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Red Tornado - Playtesting phase

I got the first playtest back from FlameGryphon:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame Gryphon
C3G PLAY TEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT Red Tornado

- THEME TEST/ Check to see if there are any powers or stats on the test unit card that does not accurately reflect the theme or likeness of what the character would and could do. Also consider destructible objects, and whether or not this characters powers should affect them.
PASS

- MIRROR TEST/ Check to see if the unit were played against itself, if there would be any loops that would upset the balance of the Game.
PASS

- BONDING TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing Bonding abilities to make sure there are no continual Bonding possibilities that do not stop appropriately or do not stop at all. This is to prevent loops in Bonding.
PASS

- SYNERGIES TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing synergies to make sure there are no factors that could break the game by making any unit to powerful or too weak.
PASS

- POWER CHECK/ Consider the test unit and all existing units and all glyphs to compare to and check for any powers that could be over amplified and break the game. Each power must define when it takes place, who or what it affects, and What are the stipulations on the power if there are any.
PASS

- FUN TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play.
PASS

- FUN COMPETITIVE TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play against.
PASS

- DRAFTING TEST/ Consider whether or not this design is worth drafting.
Only in specific situations. on a map where Falling can happen very easily, or where there are a ton of glyphs.

- USAGE TEST/ Consider whether or not all of the powers on this card were used or at least usable.
PASS

- STRATEGY TEST/ Consider whether or not the design offers any real strategy or interesting tactics to the overall game.
PASS

- Heavy Hitter or Mid-Level Hero/ Does it pass, Yes or No? What should be the unit's point value? Give a brief summary.
YES. I have no idea on points, but I think it's good where it is.

His Tornado Force saw a good amount of use, but not much. I never saw an opportunity to use Air Elemental Flying, but I think it'll be used more in the Army Tests.
Also, I started doing double tests after he destroyed Grundy, but was then completely eradicated by Deadpool.
Spoiler Alert!

- Squad / Does it pass, Yes or No? What should be the unit's point value? Give a brief summary. YES, but I would suggest a drop to 290 points.

This really turned into a battle of patience. Red Tornado would take height, and use his Special Attack to pick off one or two per turn, while the 4th Mass. would be lucky to get a wound or two on him in a single round.

Map: PLATFORMS 5 AND 6
Units: Red Tornado vs. 4X 4th Mass.
Spoiler Alert!

- Army Test/ Does it pass, Yes or No? What should be the unit's point value? Give a brief summary. I'm right in the middle about now. On one hand, this is a pretty hard army, but on the other hand...it was almost a complete slaughter. I'll say YES though. There weren't any game breaking things, but without the use of Air Elemental Flying, he's not very useful compared to other figures that are better for the same, or close to the same amount of points.
Units: Thor, Red Tornado, and 1X Beat Cops VS Prof. X, Wolverine, and Deadpool
Spoiler Alert!

- Army Test/ Does it pass, Yes or No? What should be the unit's point value? Give a brief summary. YES.

If he keeps his current powers...he could easily be up there with Thor, depending on the situation. It was a pretty fair battle, until Tornado took out both of the lanterns by using Air Elemental Flying. Maybe have it automatically affect commons and squad figures, but require a 20D roll for heroes and uniques/uncommons?

Units: Kilowog and Hal Jordan VS Thanos and the Red Tornado
Spoiler Alert!

I pm'ed him back to advise that AEF is a place power not a move power & hence figures don't take damage from falling. So I will see what he has to say.

EDIT: Playtest amended after I advised AEF doesn't inflict falling damage.

Cheers

Last edited by A3n; January 3rd, 2011 at 10:15 PM.