View Single Post
Old August 10th, 2010, 01:10 AM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth
Re: Heroes of Fiction: Playtesting Thread

Only squad and hero tests so far.

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT: Simon Belmont

(Test results subject to change after army tests)
-THEME TEST: Pass

-MIRROR TEST: Pass

-BONDING TEST: Pass

-SYNERGIES TEST: Pass

-POWER CHECK: Conditional Pass. I don't see a problem here, but I am in no way a Heroscape scholar. There may be something I've missed.

-FUN TEST: Pass

-FUN COMPETITIVE TEST: Pass

-DRAFTING TEST: Pass and Fail. Pass vs. Undead and Fail vs. Living

-USAGE TEST: Pass

-STRATEGY TEST: Pass

Battlefield: BoV Fossil
Test 1: Simon vs. Phantom Knights
Simon wins easily taking only 1 wound.
Spoiler Alert!

Test 2: Simon vs. PK's x2
2 Squads of Phantom Knights win with 2 figures remaining.
Spoiler Alert!

Simon vs. PK's x2 - the rematch
Simon wins with one wound to spare.
Spoiler Alert!

Thoughts: Simon is extremely tough against Undead, but not invulnerable. Vampire Hunter all but makes it a sure kill, but swarming squads can overwhelm him. Not sure he's playing up to 120 pts. Tests against a Non-Undead squad may shed more light.

Simon Belmont vs. Nakita Agents
Nakita win losing only 1 figure.
Spoiler Alert!

Thoughts: Simon, like many melee heroes falters against ranged squads.

Simon Belmont vs. Agent Carr
Agent Carr wins with one life remaining
Spoiler Alert!

Simon vs. Carr Ė the Rematch.
Agent Carr wins with 1 life remaining, again.
Spoiler Alert!

Simon vs. Cyprien Esenwein
Cyprien wins with one life remaining.
Spoiler Alert!

Thoughts: So far, Simon Belmont seems worth his 120 points against Undead figures. He lost to Cyprien, but with a 30 point advantage, that should not be unexpected. He split the 2 games vs. the Phantom Knightsx2. I would definitely draft him if I knew I was facing Vampires or Zombies. Against the living, Simon will most likely watch from the sidelines.

Powers:
Sense Undead very thematic and useful. Whip came in handy when trying to avoid engagement. Vampire Hunter definitely a great ability against Undead.

If we want Simon to be a counter against the Undead, we're on the right track. If we want Simon to be a more "well-rounded" figure, we're going to have to tweak the stats. Maybe a double attack in exchange for a reduction in the Vampire Hunter to 1 less defense die (just a thought).

Hope to have at least one army test done tomorrow evening.
Well, that didn't happen. I'm trying to carve out some time to finish this playtest and hope to have the army tests done by this weekend.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031

Last edited by mac122; August 12th, 2010 at 02:08 AM.