View Single Post
Old August 6th, 2010, 03:31 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Bob, Agent of Hydra:Votes Required

Kicking the door in was the easy part. Finding it was not. The boys had some new hideouts they liked to frequent and play their little reindeer games all by themselves. But this time, they were chatting in one of their old haunts. It must have been to meet with some of the younger members. Some of them sure were young.

With the door smashed open and the room full of eyes frozen in awe, it didn't take long for me to have the Colt drawn. Even with the quick draw of the Bat, it was easy to see who had the biggest hand cannon in the room.

I had apparently walked in on a plan design being presented by one of the kids. He was definitely young and naive. It seems like yesterday that I saw him begging in streets for spare change, speaking about some pipe dream to be an astronaut or at least drink the orange sugar water and pretend to be one.

The Bat had his weapon out and I had mine. It was a standoff and I must admit that I was kind of proud of him for standing ground with confidence. He was the King in this crowd, but a king of what I wasn't sure. The jury was still out as to whether or not his kingdom was filling up with fools.

I glanced around and noticed that his queen wasn't there. Maybe he knew I was coming and it scared him off. Maybe he knew the Wise Owl would be in attendance and he didn't want to stir up old feelings. I can understand that, but thanks to the recent changes in Cali, we can all live our way and be happy. I'm not usually a political guy but I certainly don't care what these others do with their freedom. As long as it doesn't interfere with my mission, I won't even notice let alone care.

The Spider jumped up with a pee shooter as well. I smiled and remembered a time when he was the new recruit. It was good to see him stand up and bring it all to the table as well. Even if he was still wearing those tights.

"Are you ready to listen?" I asked.

"I think I'll stand over here with Mr. Helm," said the self proclaimed English knight. He must of compared the size of the guns and decided that bigger was better.

Then the Owl got wise, leaned back in his chair and gave a little nod in my direction.

The phone rang and the Bat answered it, not laying down his weapon just yet. Apparently his queen had been watching from another vantage point and was looking to see if he needed back up.

"Not yet Griff," the Llama grabbed the phone and said, "Sounds ridiculous, but let's at least hear him out."

With my left hand I motioned for Orange Julius to pick up a pen and paper and get to work. He of course grabbed a crayon but I couldn't be picky about that.

"So here it goes, I said...

If you control Deadpool and Bob is within clear sight of him when an opponent's figure inflicts one or more wounds on Deadpool with a normal or special attack...

The kid seemed nervous and his crayon snapped. The older, and somewhat comedic Hahma broke the tension with a wisecrack that I couldn't bother to listen to. Instead, I holstered the Colt and simply walked away.

The Bat had a clear shot if he wanted it, but I knew he wouldn't take it. He had seen me turn my back many times before and I knew that this time wouldn't be any different.

Hopefully, I thought, they'll make the right choice.

~ It's been a while boys, so I just thought I'd blow the dust off a bit. I hope you enjoyed.

Last edited by Matt Helm; August 7th, 2010 at 12:49 AM.