View Single Post
Old May 17th, 2010, 11:21 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Black Mask - C3G Design Phase

Aldin has responded.

Quote:
Since this is the first time we've done this I'm not entirely sure how to respond, so I'm just going to give my mental process:

Art and figure look good, though I don't understand the purpose of showing the chemical factory where the toxic makeup was made, especially since no mention of how crucial that makeup was to the character is made in the bio.

The bio is pretty lightweight and doesn't address either the young Sionis' disgust with his parent's social masks, or the literal disfigurement brought on by the failed line of cosmetics. While serviceable, I'd sure like to see more iconic information about Black Mask there.

Fortunately, the card itself DOES nicely represent the iconic Black Mask as a ruthless crime lord. I find no fault with the stats, abilities or pricing. Criminal motivation is really a clever way to catch both of his key characteristics in a single ability.

I've wondered if double attack with a lower attack value was considered, but I think a single higher attack value is probably more appropriate and gives him enough power to actually do some damage against supers.

Nicely done, Griffin!

~Aldin, giving it the ERBal treatment