View Single Post
Old April 7th, 2010, 02:08 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Deadpool - Playtesting Phase

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT Deadpool
(please only use red print for all of your responses)

C3G CHECK LIST FEEDBACK FORM PASS at 280-300

For this section, no play testing is required, only comment below if necessary. This is a guideline for things that you should be looking for as you play-test.
- THEME TEST/ Check to see if there are any powers or stats on the test unit card that does not accurately reflect the theme or likeness of what the character would and could do. Also consider destructible objects, and whether or not this characters powers should affect them. PASS
- MIRROR TEST/ Check to see if the unit were played against itself, if there would be any loops that would upset the balance of the Game. PASS
- BONDING TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing Bonding abilities to make sure there are no continual Bonding possibilities that do not stop appropriately or do not stop at all. This is to prevent loops in Bonding. PASS
- SYNERGIES TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing synergies to make sure there are no factors that could break the game by making any unit to powerful or too weak. PASS
- POWER CHECK/ Consider the test unit and all existing units and all glyphs to compare to and check for any powers that could be over amplified and break the game. Each power must define when it takes place, who or what it affects, and what are the stipulations on the power if there are any. PASS

C3G PLAY TEST FEEDBACK FORM
(Be sure to list what units you used and what BoV map you used per section below.)
All tests done on Invasion
- Heavy Hitter or Mid-Level Hero/ Does it pass?
List your Heavy Hitter Test observations.
Deadpool vs. Iron Man (240)
Iron Man's double attack and really good rolls helped him take Deadpool out in single turns each. Iron Man takes one wound in all. The dice really went Iron Man's way here.
I decided to test it a third time to see how flukey these results were. This time Deadpool lasted longer (until round 2) and actually had a chance to heal wounds (2 of them). He won, in fact, in round 2 with zero wounds left on his card.
I think the first two results were more about his dice than anything.

Deadpool vs. Magneto (310)
Deadpool won this one with three wounds on his card at the end of round two. He healed four wounds in all (which means he took seven wounds over the course of the game). Magneto made it close (Deadpool was up to four wounds at one point) but didn't quite close the deal.

Deadpool vs. Abomination (320)
Deadpool won this one in round three with two wounds on his card, after healing three.

Deadpool vs. Silver Surfer (320)
Deadpool wins this one at the end of round two with three wounds on his card, after healing five wounds.

Deadpool vs. Green Lantern (350)
Deadpool wins this one with three wounds on his card, after healing four wounds. Green Lantern died on a poor defensive roll with all four battery markers on his card.
I replayed the decision not to shed a battery marker and saved Green Lantern instead. He still ended up dying this way.

- Squad/ Does it pass?
List your Squad Test observations.
Deadpool vs. Microcorp Agents x3
It was turn two of round three before Deadpool finally took a wound. It was turn three of round three before Deadpool finally killed a Microcorp Agent (something like six or seven successful Stealth Armor rolls in a row).
Deadpool won this one with three wounds on his card. He healed 12 wounds in all. The Agents had him up to 4 wounds a few times but Deadpool was just too hard for them to get height on with more than one figure at a time and thus was just too hard to wound. They rolled crazy well for Stealth Armor, but it wasn't enough.
I feel like this one could have gone either way throughout a lot of it. But taking out 300 points worth of ranged squads is no small potatoes. So far, he still feels like 300 points to me.

- Army Test One
List your Army Test observations.
Deadpool, Raelin and Q10 vs. 4th Mass x4 and Captain America
The 4th Mass concentrated fire on Raelin in the first round and killed her thanks to height advantage, and no thanks to plenty of failed Wisecrack rolls. Deadpool did stop one attack on her (and take a wound himself despite her aura) but it wasn't enough. He also killed one 4th Mass in the first round.
And then he sent the 4th Mass through the meat grinder, killing 12 more, for a total of 13 dead 4th Mass. Then he put 3 wounds on Cap, and almost finished him off, but not quite. Cap beat Deadpool, finally, by an inch and in the end Q10 was left against Cap (with 2 life) and three 4th Mass. I stopped the test there.
Deadpool killed 359.5 points worth of army and felt like he could have run the table with this one.

- Army Test Two
List your Army Test observations.
Deadpool, Professor X, Magneto vs. Angel, Jean Grey, Red Skull, Green Arrow, and Black Canary
Wisecrack really didn't come up in this game, because the limited firing that happened was concentrated on Deadpool anyway.
The main issue here is that Magneto, attacking from height mostly, terrorized the opponents with timely 6, 5, and 4 skull attacks. Magneto put two wounds on Green Arrow, two on Red Skull, one on Angel, and killed Jean Grey and Black Canary in one attack each (the death of Black Canary happened first, before she got a chance to even attack, and majorly derailed my plans). Between Magneto's great rolls and Deadpool's team winning initiative very often early on, Deadpool and co had no trouble tearing through the opponents.
At the end of the game, Prof X with one wound, Deadpool with no wounds, and Magnet with no wounds were all left standing. Deadpool healed about three wounds over the course of the game, and put two wounds on Green Arrow, two on Red Skull and three on Angel for a total of 218.5 points killed - and it could have been plenty more considering he had no wounds on his card at the end of the game.
At this point, I'm getting tired of playing what feels like streaky game after streaky game, so I decided to replay this one.
The Canary "drop" by Angel worked a lot better this time around, thanks to Red Skull's team winning initiative. Deadpool got off the first shot on Canary, but height stopped her from taking more than one wound and then Angel engaged both Magneto and Deadpool to make himself the only target.
On her turn, Canary hit Deadpool with two attacks of 4 skulls and then one attack of 2 skulls in a row. Deadpool took 4 wounds in all and Green Arrow had a chance to finish him off with Skill Shot but failed.
Magneto attacked Angel the next turn, but failed, and Angel scooped Canary back to height, then reengaged Deadpool to keep the Vigilante safe another turn. With four wounds already, Deadpool was in no mood to disengage and go after Canary, so he attacked Angel and rolled 4 skulls. Angel stood his ground, only moving one hex to engage Magneto as well. He took two wounds from the attack, then blocked Deadpool's second attack. Deadpool healed his first wound to go down to three wounds.
On turn three, Canary found herself with a great opportunity to put away Deadpool early. She rolled three skulls, and put a fourth wound back on Deadpool. Then she rolled one skull and it was blocked. This left Green Arrow with yet another chance at a kill shot. This time he rolled a 13 (15 with CA) for Skill Shot. So it'd be four attack dice on Deadpool's remaining four defense dice (thanks to height). Three skulls! And one shield for Deadpool, so he died at this point, after healing only one wound. Professor X ended the round himself, moving up to attack Angel with his Psychic Attack, but to no success.
Deadpool put one wound on Black Canary and two on Angel before dying, for a total of 90 points killed. This was my worst showing with him yet.
So, after having it go completely one way the first time, and start off at least in the other direction this last time, I'd say this army matchup feels somewhat balanced overall (though I'd still give the overall edge to Deadpool's team). Deadpool was priced at 270 for this one. I think he's beatable at that cost, but feels like he'd be an A-A+ figure.
I'm still going to recommend he come in at 290 points, but pass him at 280-300.
I just can't pass him at lower than Wolverine (270) because I just don't feel that he's worth less than Wolverine. In my opinion, a 270 point Deadpool would make the 280 point Wolverine almost undraftable by comparison. A 290 point Deadpool would give both of them the best shot to be in armies.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Last edited by IAmBatman; April 8th, 2010 at 03:43 PM.