Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Project (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Godzilla and friends (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=56021)

IAmBatman September 17th, 2019 07:12 AM

Re: Godzilla and friends

Quote:

Originally Posted by quozl (Post 2314076)
Throwing is moving.

It's not moving normally, though, or moving in a way that clearly aligns with the movement phase of your turn and all the associated considerations.

quozl September 17th, 2019 12:06 PM

Can you tell me how the rules would differ in any way?

MrNobody September 17th, 2019 12:24 PM

If we made a design and said, "Okay, to understand how to move this design, please see the throwing rules." that just seems really weird and unofficial IMO. That's the difference I think.

quozl September 17th, 2019 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrNobody (Post 2314163)
If we made a design and said, "Okay, to understand how to move this design, please see the throwing rules." that just seems really weird and unofficial IMO. That's the difference I think.

That would be dumb. What we would actually do is repeat those rules in the framework of moving.

MrNobody September 17th, 2019 12:29 PM

That's what I thought Bats was suggesting we should do. Just adapt those rules over to a new rulebook. Maybe I was wrong. :shrug:

I guess there could be some powers that boost, nerf, or minimize regular movement but not throwing that should be considered.

japes September 17th, 2019 01:01 PM

I believe that is what Quozl is getting at he’s just walking through it in an orderly way. So we are basically starting with this assumption. If Placing = moving in C3G, and throwing is a form of placing. Therefore throwing = moving.

So now can anyone think of scenario where throwing and moving could possibly differ.

Edit: like the ideas you pointed out in your ninja edit.

IAmBatman September 17th, 2019 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrNobody (Post 2314165)
That's what I thought Bats was suggesting we should do. Just adapt those rules over to a new rulebook.

Uh, yeah. Pretty much. :-D

Tornado September 17th, 2019 02:40 PM

Picked up a Ghidora figure today. Pretty sweet. Probably best to remove the tail. His feet were bigger than I thought they would be but he still fits down on two hexes with a ring of higher level hexes surrounding them and will even squeeze into a 2 level difference sans tail.
Added a caveat to King of Monsters to allow for it on Godzilla as well but they do not work together. Ghidora is Godzilla's main foe and they never team up.

Bio:
King Ghidorah (キングギドラ, Kingu Gidora) is a giant three-headed dragon hydra and Godzilla's arch-enemy. Ghidorah first appeared in the 1964 film Ghidorah, the Three-Headed Monster and since then has become one of Godzilla's most famous recurring enemies.

• Gravity Beams - King Ghidorah's signature attack is his ability to spit powerful gravity beams from his three heads. Ghidorah's gravity beams can singe Godzilla's skin and level entire city blocks in one hit.
  • Durability - King Ghidorah's scales are incredibly thick and cannot be pierced with conventional weaponry. Even Godzilla's atomic breath cannot pierce through the scales, only burn them.
  • Supersonic Flight - King Ghidorah can fly at mach 3 on Earth, and presumably is able to fly at light speed through outer space.
  • Hurricane Winds - Ghidorah's wings can produce powerful hurricane force winds capable of blowing away buildings with ease or knocking enemies like Godzilla over.
  • Thunder Spark - King Ghidorah can withhold his gravity beams and release a strong electric surge through his bite.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tornado (Post 2313953)
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads...20%2844%29.jpg

NAME = KING GHIDORA
SECRET IDENTITY = MONSTER ZERO
SPECIES = KAIJU
UNIQUENESS = EVENT HERO
CLASS = DESTROYER/KING
PERSONALITY = FEARLESS

SIZE/HEIGHT = HUGE 2O

LIFE = ?13?

MOVE = 7
RANGE = 7
ATTACK = 7
DEFENSE = 7

POINTS = ???

WINGS HURRICANE
After moving and before attacking you may move all figures that are not Huge, that are within 5 spaces of King Ghidora two spaces. Figures moved by this special power will not take LEAs and may not be place closer to King Ghidora.

THREE HEADED SA
Range 7 Attack 7
After attacking with this special attack, if there are 6? or fewer wound markers on this card, King Ghidora may attack two additional times, if there are 7? or more wound markers on this card, King Ghidora may attack one additional time.

KING OF MONSTERS
If King Ghidora receives one or more wounds from a Huge figure, ignore one of those wounds. If King Ghidora inflicts one or more wounds on a Huge figure, place one more wound on that figure's card. King Ghidora may not use this special power if another figure on the board has King of Monsters.

FLYING
SUPERSTRENGTH

https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/up...ngghidorah.jpg

MrNobody September 17th, 2019 02:45 PM

Yeah I think the main thing should be figuring out what KoM does and who has it. My version was more of a synergy thing. I like the idea of it being a power both of them share, but they'll mess with each other's somehow if they're both on the battlefield. Neat idea!

Tornado September 17th, 2019 02:50 PM

Dropped the Missle SA for Hover Assault. Potent but limited by his movement.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tornado (Post 2313407)
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ba/95...bbb8149688.jpg

NAME = MECHAGODZILLA
SECRET IDENTITY =

SPECIES = ANDROID
UNIQUENESS = EVENT HERO
CLASS = DESTROYER?
PERSONALITY = DESTRUCTIVE?

SIZE/HEIGHT = HUGE 2O

LIFE = 22?

MOVE = 4
RANGE = 7
ATTACK = 8
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = ???

HOVER ASSAULT
After moving with the Flying special power, you may choose any or all figures Mechagodzilla passed over this turn. Roll two unblockable attack dice against each chosen figure.

EYE LASERS SA
Range 5 Attack 5
If there are fewer than 13? wound markers on this card, all skulls count as one additional hit against DOs and Huge figures.

DIAMOND COATED PLATING
Mechagodzilla rolls two additional dice when defending against a special attack. Mechagodzilla rolls two fewer dice when defending against a normal attack from an adjacent Huge figure.

FLYING
SUPERSTRENGTH

Yodaking September 17th, 2019 02:52 PM

I don't play a lot of Event Heroes but he's looking like a ton of fun. 3 attacks of 7 per OM reveal is going to be brutal and knocking down that 13 life at 7 defense will be a grind. I could see fielding a whole JL/Avengers team against him. I like how Godzilla with a KoM power will be the go to counter draft, if I have Godzilla on my team I might pair him up with Optimus Prime or Megatron, but if he's not on my team I'm staying away from any other huge figures. Gives you two very different kinds of teams you can construct to send in to take him down.

Tornado September 17th, 2019 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrNobody (Post 2314203)
Yeah I think the main thing should be figuring out what KoM does and who has it. My version was more of a synergy thing. I like the idea of it being a power both of them share, but they'll mess with each other's somehow if they're both on the battlefield. Neat idea!

Yeah I really like the anti-synergy. I like your team up version but that could be given a different name like Monster Mash.